Dodging Ranked and Can't Play a Norm?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mage Lord Nelber

01-28-2013

So... I keep getting some really retarded Ranked Teams in 5v5 solos..... why am I punished for 30 min on joining Normals? Shouldn't I just have a 30 min CD on ranked?

Der-derppp

0PT1MUS PR1ME

01-28-2013

There's no reason to degrade your audience by saying "Der-derppp".

Anyways, I agree I think it would be cool if you could play a normal if you dodge a ranked match and vice versa. Afterall, Wasn't the elo loss rule change due to situations in which a champion select implodes (by 'trolls' or what have have you.)?

The delay timer is a deturent AND a preventative measure so that players cannot only play games in which they feel they have the ideal best situation. (un-intended inflation of elo)

TLDR: The dodge timer penalty could be queue specific and still serve their purpose.

Flarius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

No. Keep the penalty. Keeps you losers from dodging a game and wasting everyone's time.

Slogg

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarius View Post
No. Keep the penalty. Keeps you losers from dodging a game and wasting everyone's time.
It's people like you that keep dumb, arbitrary rules in this game. I'm pretty sure everyone would rather 3 mins of their time wasted instead of 30+ mins wasted because idiots like to go nonsense like jayce support bot, or no support at all, or 5 AD champs, Troll ADCs because they're "mad" someone called it first. I mean the list goes on and on. Who's really the one wasting people's time?

With the amount of idiots there are in a game like this, there shouldn't even be a penalty for leaving a queue. The only penalty there should be is if the game has actually started and someone leaves/DCs. Any other time, I should get bonus RP on my account for choosing to leave and wait 30 mins at my expense to save the time of 4 other people who can actually play an enjoyable game a whopping 3 mins later. Shame on me!!!

Arcticfury

01-29-2013

Those idiots only exist because you dodgers enable them. They know if they threaten to troll you'll dodge, but if you don't dodge or can't dodge then the threat is empty. Dodgers are ruining ranked faster than all trolls combined and doubled.

Nightwhite3

01-30-2013

You stated that kinda bad but I do agree, there should be separate ban timers for ranked and normal. Another alternative that many people do is make a second account to play while you're banned.

Troa

01-30-2013

In the current system there really cannot be different timers. The goal is to prevent people from dodging. If you allow people to go play the other system(normals to ranked or vice versa), you are defeating that goal, as the person can still play some sort of stat effecting game. If the system was changed, it might be doable, but with the current system it is much more effective to say "you cannot play at all if you dodge" than to say "you can't play this type...just switch types and call it good". We still see a lot of leavers, but the change would allow people to give much more thought to leaving.

SilverGalford

01-31-2013

there should be an option to kick troll players in Queue with a punishment of 1 hour of CD .i actually created a thread talking about this option but nobody payed attention.