Something needs to be done about trolls during champ select.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

We Are As One

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznFuFu View Post
The penalties increase the more frequently you have to dodge. For normals they start at 5 minutes and then jump to 15. Not sure how much higher than that they go or what the cooldown is to reset it to 5 minutes. I've dodged played a game then dodged again and had a 15 minutes wait.

Its a larger concerned with solo/duo queue ranked where its starts at a 30 minute penalty. If i have maybe 60-90 minutes to play a game and because of a troll I end up having to dodge, there goes my play time for the night, because I wouldnt want to start a game that I potentially can't finish.
Ah okay, good to know. I haven't tried ranked play yet, from everything I have read I might not want to lol. (okay I did try it on PBE but that doesn't really count)

Hitohax

Recruiter

01-28-2013

This game is impossible to play at times I've dodged a few games today. I'm at 15 minutes for the wait time I tried to play a match and i get this guy. I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous I even asked pre game for someone to dodge and they told me to dodge I believe after 15 minutes the dodge wait timer is 1 hour I'm not sure seeing as I don't really dodge games but this is getting out of hand. You have 2 options dodge and have a ridiculous wait time or play a 20 minute game that is just hell if that wasn't enough if you go into the match and you afk because they are trolling you get reported and you have a chance to get banned something really needs to be done its getting out of hand.

We Are As One

01-28-2013

yeah, I had 2 friends on my team, so 3 of us went into Q, my friend selects Teemo, and one of the randoms from Q starts calling him a ****** for playing Teemo ..etc etc.....so all 3 of us say lets dodge, so one left and that takes all 3 of us out, then all 3 of us waited 5min to Q again. I suppose we could cycle it, 5min each LOL but thankfully the next two teams we got weren't that awful, or at the very least they didn't troll us. Sadly none of us got a screenshot so we could report him /: (it was kinda a rush to drop before the game started) -- I realize this is just one case, but this stuff happens a lot. Heck yesterday I had 4 people on my team and I invited one of my friends, and we had to ask him to leave because he had dodge a Q and thus it showed all 5 of us would have to wait 15min.

iPwnAII

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantala View Post
I have a tendency not to dodge these games. Call me a sucker for punishment, but I'd rather see these people get what's coming to them at the end of a match rather than letting them go off to ruin someone else's game. Maybe that's just my tribunal side speaking, but quite frankly someone needs to stand in and take it for the team so that others may benefit from the rewards.

In my experience, most of the time these people will play another role so long as it's another one that they can competently play. I usually step forward and ask that person if there is another role that they'd be willing to fill that hasn't been yet. Sure, that sometimes but rarely means I have to jungle or duo top when I'm not very good at it, but it's a LOT BETTER than seeing that person intentionally ruin the experience for those of us who are trying to win and have fun doing so.

As for the afk for hard randomed... One could say that the rest of your team should try and build around the randomed champ... But there's no way to tell if that person will even be there once the game starts. There are several threads floating around here that have these same suggestions or variations of that you may even like. I would suggest searching them out.

If you're getting trolled via harassment, you can submit a support ticket with as much detail and any screenshots under Category -> Games -> Report A Player here:

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new
LoL Are you kidding ? you must be, 90% of these toxic ****eaters never get banned.