Udyr Stun Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wifehatesmeplayn

01-28-2013

Hi,

Noticed in the last week or so as I have been playing Udyr that the bear stance stun is having some issues.

Often will miss, the attack sounds procs but the target champ will not get hit. have seen this occur up to 3 times on a champ dancing in the bushes, that is until I did land the stun.

Also Wukong's Ult, R spin does not seem to be interrupable by Udyrs stun. Fought many a Wukong and tried several times to stun that spin, to no avail. Maybe a lag issue but I think not.

and as a finaly note, the new UI seems to be really picky for clicking on things like the ability + lvl increases and applying Ignite on champs. very annoying.

Well thanks,

Live long and play "hard"!
but not hard enough to break your mouse.

Peligrad

01-28-2013

Wu's ult isn't stopped by CC. Ever.

You can have Lulu turn it into a fluff. And that fluffy will still spin its pole and murder people.

I have noticed all champions stop when their target enter a bush. Which is annoying.

Its more noticeable for Udyr because he has no range and no mobility....

But its a pathing issue for all champs.

asamu

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifehatesmeplayn View Post
Hi,

Noticed in the last week or so as I have been playing Udyr that the bear stance stun is having some issues.

Often will miss, the attack sounds procs but the target champ will not get hit. have seen this occur up to 3 times on a champ dancing in the bushes, that is until I did land the stun.

Also Wukong's Ult, R spin does not seem to be interrupable by Udyrs stun. Fought many a Wukong and tried several times to stun that spin, to no avail. Maybe a lag issue but I think not.
Been maining Udyr, and have ~90 games in the past month, without noticing this issue. The sound you are hearing is just the bear stance attack sound. The stun has a 6 second cd on it per target, so often you will be able to switch to Bear stance and need to wait a second or 2 before you can actually stun them.

Nothing interrupts Wu-Kong's ult. I don't know where you got the idea that anything did. Also, you shouldn't have any trouble crushing Wu in lane as Tiger Udyr. Just put a few points in Turtle stance early, and use the shield every time he dives at you, so that you can ignore his harass, then hit him with tiger/bear every time he uses his combo on you.

Wifehatesmeplayn

01-29-2013

Wow, Wu's ult is unintteruptible.... that sucks. Thanks for the feed back though. The bush issues are really annoying as well as the wait to attack on stance change. But if its been there a long time then I guess its not new.

The failingto stun Issue has ussually occured to me on the first attack on a champ period. chase poor Teemo snack down finally catch him and miss miss miss stun.

Ill keep an eye out for it better, and maybe record a few games and see if it is noticeable on replay.

Cheers!

Peligrad

01-29-2013

Udyr's stun is considered a "spell" and is absorbed by spell shields such as Banshee's Veil.

Noc's spell shield, Sivir's spell shield, black shield...they all will block the stun too.

That might be what's happening to you.

I don't think blinds disable the stun.though...I know Panth's block doesn't. That's the upside of it being considered a spell, not part of the auto attack.

I play a lot of Udyr, and I haven't noticed any times when my stun failed....except when its absorbed by a mechanic.

Also, you can't stun a target again for 6 seconds. So if you have any CDR, you'll get back to bear stance in your rotation before 6 seconds and you won't stun on your first hit.

Wifehatesmeplayn

01-31-2013

Played a bit more of Udyr and was top lane, in the open and again had a series of wiffs on attacks, and i was in tiger stance, sounds would proc for attacks, animation would go but no drop in hp on the target. No bush mechanics or anything else just plain misses. I really need to record my Udyr matches.

SiKkNdTwiSt3D

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifehatesmeplayn View Post
Hi,

and as a finaly note, the new UI seems to be really picky for clicking on things like the ability + lvl increases and applying Ignite on champs. very annoying.

Well thanks,

Live long and play "hard"!
but not hard enough to break your mouse.
smart cast and hotkey your ability lvl up buttons.