Lightbringer >Teemo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IloveHairyBushes

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Omega View Post
Random Player: I choose Teemo
Mastersmash: no teemo is bad
Random Player: I really don't care
Mastersmash: in that case I'm going to post a thread on the forum to show how mad i am
Funny because it's true!

Caecus Scius

01-29-2013

Yes but one item shouldn't hard counter a character so much to the point where he is unplayable. And there shouldn't be a champ that makes a game not fun to play.

Teemo used to be toxic to the game of TT
Lightbringer totally destroys him, and makes him not worth taking.

We went from one extreme to the other. Its is heavy handed in its execution- and poorly done.

either make lightbringer a more expensive item, or one that not EVERY character wants to buy anyways. It is a great utility item, that I see people taking even when teemo isn't being played, its just a good item for the cost.

People want to play their favorite champ, that champ shouldn't be nerfed into the ground so hard, and shouldn't create a bad time for everyone else. There HAS to be a middle ground.

AD teemo and AS teemo aren't awful (i didn't say they were good)... and their shrooms don't do much dmg- so they aren't toxic really- but since people will just buy a lightbringer anyways, because it fits into all the ad builds- if lightbringer was built out of something other than what fit into the AD bruiser meta builds it might be better for the game as a whole.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

While I do think they went overboard with Lightbringer, if people are relying solely on shrooms to do well with Teemo, they are playing Teemo wrong.

Pure AP Teemo may be dead...but there are other ways to play him...

thegoochmiester

01-29-2013

I've still seen so teemo do surprisingly well. Are his shrooms everything they were before? No. But there are other ways to use his shrooms for them to ne affective. They are still a great kiting ability. I'm sorry but one champion that can kite an entire team is pretty awesome. He still counters ad bruisers. He is no longer toxic in tt. Still quite playable as well.

Caecus Scius

01-29-2013

The problem is, with the current meta of ad bruisers, which often have a great closer ability: Teemo has to play that much more defensively. He dies to a stiff breeze- and his escapes are not often enough with such large/long lanes to go through. Playing him AD/AS he is probably a low tier choice compared to other options because of his lack of durability and his lack of real team support.

He can early game zone melee characters top, but he is very gankable, so you have to really control bottom as well. Later in the game, his dmg is amazing, but his survivability is null.

he isn't much worse than taking any adc on TT. Its just disappointing, because there are so few actually GOOD characters on the map, and this change took another one away.

I would really like to see them do something to make MORE choices viable, not less.

IAm12YearsOld

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Omega View Post
Random Player: I choose Teemo
Mastersmash: no teemo is bad
Random Player: I really don't care
Mastersmash: in that case I'm going to post a thread on the forum to show how mad i am
I lol'd.

Asger

01-29-2013

Morons..... the item wasn't created to counter your gay teemo.... it was created to provide vision for a no ward map... there are other stealth champions that were a problem because of this and that's why this item was introduced. If you think teemo is unplayable now, so is heim... just don't play him. I for one think that the free wards and the ability to locate exactly where the enemy is in their jungle is still op in comparison to some item with short range and minimal visibility.

Caecus Scius

01-29-2013

The item was made for Teemo...Before this item was available there was an AD and an AP option that gave you a stealth revealing mist.

The lightbringer, only adds to the current items (as it builds out of the lantern which already gives stealth reveal) the ability to reveal TRAPS.

Shaco's traps don't last long enough, and the range is so small that they will hit any melee champ before they can go up and destroy them.

No one else has traps that you can destroy, that are stealthed. So lightbringer counters teemo, and only teemo.

I can't believe you have any logical rhetoric that will counter this.... moron.

J 3

01-29-2013

It has changed how you have to place shrooms thats for sure

Asger

01-30-2013

Shacos traps don't last long enough...... so what you idiot. If you ever played a good shaco you know that those traps can win a team fight even if your team is under level..... You can easily destroy the traps with any ranged champ.... moron