Does elo hell exist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kromb

01-28-2013

Before we dive into this topic allow me to give you a quick introduction. My ign is Kromb, and I've been playing league since season 1. I never truely became serious about ranked play untill the ladder half of S2, so I'm still learning about competative play. I've played in a gold ranked 5s team and when I tried my luck with solo que, I placed at 1200 elo. Now I personally believe that I belong in a much higher elo, and thus started my research on this very complex topic.
So let me state that elo hell does exist before explain why... elo hell does exist. Now there several reasons why one person on a team of 5 losses a specific game.
1)One of the lanes gets fed and snowballs early. Then overpowers the enemy team single handedly.
2) your team has very bad communication, and even though you maybe winning the k/d ratio, the enemy are wining in objectives.
3) your whole team flat out sucks at everything.
4) lane phase is good, but you fail to have successful team fights.
5) and of course a good ol' fashion troll. (Those f#@$ers)

Yet one might argue, that these same reasons could benefit your team. True, but what about the games (and I have personally experienced several) that your k/d is amazing, your positioning has been close to perfect, and after you loose you realize. You are the only one on your team playing well. You tried positive reenforcement, even trying to give commands and take control. Nothing. Yes there are times I have lost a ranked game and I took responsibility, but more often then not I have a pos k/d and a high cs.

In summary, if you believe you are better than your elo rank. Look at your games (win or loss) and compair your cs to the opposing team. Compair your damage done and k/d/a. If you see that you are almost constantly above everyone else, then you my friend are in elo hell. It is not a specific rating, but varies per person.

Kromb

01-29-2013

Ill take my two last games from last night as a prime example.

First game I'm playing kat mid and start off 8/1 I've went into the other two lanes several times to help out with kills. I even had their jungle on his toes the entire game. By the end of the game I went 8/8 cause their team got smart and targeted me first, then cleaned up my team with ease. Or I would wait (knowing I was the target) and my team would get cleaned up and I would just run away. I was only one that didnt feed. I'm talking 1/10 feeding...... I lost 21 elo from that game. (I have over 50 ranked games)

VERY NEXT GAME: I decide to go back to ol' faithful my baby hec and went 12/5 or something close to that. Again I was the only pos k/d and managed to pull off a win..... I won a grand total of 0 elo.

No matter how dominate I play I'm always pushed down. And I have played against plat league players.... I broke even against them when I was top lane for my team. So how again do I belong in this elo? Bad luck? I agree.

Kromb

01-29-2013

And I just realized that you indirectly agreed with me. Diamond league players often do elo boosting or create new accounts to try out off the wall ideas. Thus for all I know that person that fed top lane could be voyboy just trying out a new radical build. Or an elo booster. Either way elo boosting does help even things out... I'm glad they are changing the whole thing

Tál

01-29-2013

you got 114 cs as malz in 25 minutes, how?

Kromb

01-29-2013

At that point in the game I was constaly in bot and our jungle trying to save my team from domination ( I left lane phase unfortunately around 12 min) I barely had time to cs and was trying to do crisis management.

If you have ever played at my elo, then you would understand. Nothing goes normaly. One, most likely two lanes with feed and blame the jungle. The jungle will farm trying to catch up to the fed enemy. And the one successful lane will not be as fed as the enemy... thus you can't have a happy lane phase. Instead you are running around the whole game trying to spoon feed your team. Makes me feel like I'm playing a 1 v 5 sonetimes I get lucky... and its a 2 v 5. I know I'm not a 2k player, which is what it takes to beat a team single handedly, but I know I'm also not a 1200 player either.

Kromb

01-29-2013

If you were to look at the enemy kda you would understand why I had low cs. My mid lux was 10/1 and never killed me once. So instead of making vague statements, please tell ne how I ( 1 player) can counter a snowballing enemy team. I would love to know the secret. And don't say ahhh I just happens every now and again... it happens almost every game.

get n my lv noob

01-29-2013

i do not even need to read what u wrote
ELO Hell doesnt exist i have brought varius accounts from 900s to gold in 3 or 4 days my freinds have done it as well

JUST GROW UP ADMIT UR AT THAT LEVEL AND GET BETTER LEARN TO CARRY THE BADDIES AT UR ELO THERE ARE BADDIES AT EVERY ELO

Unkynd

01-29-2013

I don't know if ELO hell exists but I know the worst ELO to be at is like 1200-1300.. you get a huge influx of new players at that ELO and wind up playing games with people who are completely new level 30's.

I think if they pooled people based on how many ranked games they've played the solo queue system would be a lot better.

Kromb

01-29-2013

@get n my lv noob

Clearly you should read my thread before you start nerd raging.

Legit Rift

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromb View Post
Before we dive into this topic allow me to give you a quick introduction. My ign is Kromb, and I've been playing league since season 1. I never truely became serious about ranked play untill the ladder half of S2, so I'm still learning about competative play. I've played in a gold ranked 5s team and when I tried my luck with solo que, I placed at 1200 elo. Now I personally believe that I belong in a much higher elo, and thus started my research on this very complex topic.
So let me state that elo hell does exist before explain why... elo hell does exist. Now there several reasons why one person on a team of 5 losses a specific game.
1)One of the lanes gets fed and snowballs early. Then overpowers the enemy team single handedly.
2) your team has very bad communication, and even though you maybe winning the k/d ratio, the enemy are wining in objectives.
3) your whole team flat out sucks at everything.
4) lane phase is good, but you fail to have successful team fights.
5) and of course a good ol' fashion troll. (Those f#@$ers)

Yet one might argue, that these same reasons could benefit your team. True, but what about the games (and I have personally experienced several) that your k/d is amazing, your positioning has been close to perfect, and after you loose you realize. You are the only one on your team playing well. You tried positive reenforcement, even trying to give commands and take control. Nothing. Yes there are times I have lost a ranked game and I took responsibility, but more often then not I have a pos k/d and a high cs.

In summary, if you believe you are better than your elo rank. Look at your games (win or loss) and compair your cs to the opposing team. Compair your damage done and k/d/a. If you see that you are almost constantly above everyone else, then you my friend are in elo hell. It is not a specific rating, but varies per person.
this happens every game 2 me I end up with a better score than my opposing laner, but my bot and top feed or cant play or something and we end up losing, it annoys me because i used 2 be like that but know i have learned how 2 play and should be getting a higher elo but i cant because of this right here. you cant say that it doesnt exist.