Zyra: Rise Of Support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodworksInc

01-27-2013

So I'm quite interested in picking up Zyra, I do like to play an Aggressive Support in Kayle. But one of the main reasons I enjoy playing Kayle at all, is her ability to multi-task roles. You don't HAVE to use her as Support, you can go Top. Or even Mid.

I like that.

Now it seems Zyra has... kind of, similar flexibility? I'm not sure of her viability as a Top, but frankly I'm not rather fond of that role as is. So my question to those who have used Zyra, maybe even mained her;

How viable is she as both a Mid, and Support champ?

I'd like some feedback on her potential for both roles, maybe even specifics. I've obviously done some of my own research, watched the Spotlight, watched some streams - even.. God forbid, went to Lolking as horrifying as that sounds. But I've never used her myself, so all of the tips and tricks presented could be a little off. Hence I'm asking for feedback from those who HAVE used her, to see if it syncs up.

Titanomagnus

01-27-2013

I've not played Zyra extensively because I am deeply unhappy about her glitchy seeds- going to wait until Riot fix that first.

Aside from pusher, though, I can see her having potential as jungler (lol) or fighter depending on her items.

Hope this helped.

Vinterheim

01-27-2013

Zyra is not a bloody support, she is a mid laner that for some reason people use as support..

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

01-27-2013

After her nerfs she wasn't nearly as viable in mid. She's an incredible support though, intense zoning and snares. When teamfights break out, she can dish out an incredible amount of damage with her seeds/ult combo. If built ap and fed, depending on positioning, she used to be able to 1v3-5. Haven't played her since her nerf though.

Vinterheim

01-27-2013

what? not viable as mid? you've got to be kidding dude, i've been midding with Zyra since release and still do it without any problems, she has a huge burst and lane control + harass thanks to her plants and her decent range...

BloodworksInc

01-27-2013

Glitchy seeds? Something I should read up on from the sounds of it..

And I know she's not actual designated Support, she is however used by some people as such. So that's what I was referring to in terms of her viability as such, what with her groundings and AoE CC and the like.

So what exactly in terms of nerfs has made people seem to believe she can't Mid? I'm not being sarcastic or trolly, I don't own her yet so I literally don't know lol Did a ratio get cut or something? Range shortened? Scaling down?

Absolute 42

01-27-2013

I recommend you watch the s3 EU qualifiers that went down this weekend. She was picked 22 times and banned 1 time out of 33 total games. Of the 22 games she was in, the team with Zyra won 16 times and lost 6. And she was played both mid and support. That should say something about her viability.

Source here.

Vinterheim

01-27-2013

Look, what makes her viable AND strong on both position is her capacity to zone out people in lane with her plants, add to that a "30 secs free ward" (you still need to ward, but seeds are cool sometimes), and the utility of her snare and ultimate.
I once duo queued Zyra mid- Amumu Jungle, our team was literally able to destroy the enemy team without them fighting back cause of the 4 secs AoE cc both ults bring together.
Just my 2 cents.

PapstJL4U

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinterheim View Post
Look, what makes her viable AND strong on both position is her capacity to zone out people in lane with her plants, add to that a "30 secs free ward" (you still need to ward, but seeds are cool sometimes), and the utility of her snare and ultimate.
I once duo queued Zyra mid- Amumu Jungle, our team was literally able to destroy the enemy team without them fighting back cause of the 4 secs AoE cc both ults bring together.
Just my 2 cents.
Zyra. You dont need to ward the lanebushes^^. She has the best bushcontroll, you can have. :S

sepetaiya

01-28-2013

Zyra requires skill to use effectively, thats why most people just use Taric to support