Do you respect pick-order or calls?

Pick order 93 76.86%
Role calls 28 23.14%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Which do you respect: Calls or pick-order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirballs1

01-28-2013

I always call but go by the order pick.I call just to be polite to sensitive players.

Tyra Wadman

01-28-2013

I prefer to discuss where we all have our strengths versus calling or leaving people in the dark.

dredzach

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lister View Post
Specifically referring to ranked queue, I wanted to know the public's opinion on which they respect most; role-calls or pick-order.

For example, I respect pick-order more. Using call-order as an excuse relegates those who type slower or give in easier to (perhaps) a roll they are unfamiliar with or can't play very well. While it's true that you should be able to do pretty much everything decently in ranked, I would much rather have somebody do something they're more comfortable with.

Worse yet, I find call-order-selection to be a bit toxic: if one person wants a roll and refuses to hand it over to someone else based solely on how fast they type or how stubborn they are, that forces the other person to play a different roll, possibly one they're not the best at. Often in this kind of case, the one who refused to compromise whines about the player being bad, when in reality, that's to be expected when you make someone do something they're not the best at.

This is of course based on personal experience, but it's also my opinion. What do you think about it?
I totally agree with you, with some slight modifications to your post, which I have bolded.

Kaalika

01-28-2013

Call order and flexibility of at least 2 roles from each person gives the most chance of working well together as a team:

mid or support
top or jungle
top or adc
adc or mid
jungle or support

Gives options for each person on the team to do something they're not going to suck at.

Calling just one role makes it harder for people to work together as a team. Going pick order exclusively also makes it harder for people to work together as a team because someone is more likely to get stuck in a role they're not good at vs someone on the enemy team who might be better.

When everyone on the team calls two roles (first preferred) then people can work together to try to get everyone what they want to play. That sets the tone for the entire game.

Robert Da Beast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

In ranked, everyone is around the same elo in a que.. Unless someone duo-ed. Calls are better, pick order are subjected to being countered(imo).

Jabbawokeetzz

01-28-2013

I personally like to call out my best two positions in chat during ban and what I ABSOLUTELY suck at playing. If people before me respect my preferences then I will pick based on best position to worst. If my best positions get taken then I will take positions left and try not to choose my worst position.

GuiltyAstrik

03-16-2013

I prefer call method but i can play all roles except adc so i dont mind as much, but if im call a lane and some D*** decides to instalock because he didnt call it or even TRY to ask for it........thats when the i dont give a F*** #YOLO troll comes out

Noobgrenade

03-16-2013

No option for neither. Talk to your damn team.

WhetzReaper

03-16-2013

Calling roles isnt speed typing top its stating your preferred lanes. If all else fails pick order takes over.