Do you respect pick-order or calls?

Pick order 93 76.23%
Role calls 29 23.77%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Which do you respect: Calls or pick-order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quartzmonkey

01-28-2013

Spoiler alert:

If you're last in the pick order, you're last to choose.

It's not hard to understand how the system is meant to work. Calling something doesn't change your pick order. Sometimes you'll be last, sometimes you'll be first.

Necro Monkey

01-28-2013

on draft pick -> pick order
on blind pick -> call order

Black Lister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartzmonkey View Post
Spoiler alert:

If you're last in the pick order, you're last to choose.

It's not hard to understand how the system is meant to work. Calling something doesn't change your pick order. Sometimes you'll be last, sometimes you'll be first.
This is true, however, what about in cases where you call a roll, and you might be third in line, and the first guy insta-locks in adc? That's blatant ignorance and unsportsmanlike behavior.

I get this problem more often than not; someone just does whatever they want without regard to either the other players' desires nor team comp.

WC3betterthanSC

01-28-2013

neither, I play what I want, whenever I want. Get over it.

SmokingPuffin

01-28-2013

I have no respect at all for call "order". I don't care who calls a role "first". If two players both want the same role, I generally expect the player higher in the pick order to have first crack at it.

If you say "adc", and I pick before you, I will try to pick something that I am comfortable playing that still gets you the role you want. If enough people call roles though, it's possible that I can't figure out something I want to play that lets you have the role you want. In that case, I expect you to fill in and not be a drama queen about it.

SmokingPuffin

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lister View Post
This is true, however, what about in cases where you call a roll, and you might be third in line, and the first guy insta-locks in adc? That's blatant ignorance and unsportsmanlike behavior.

I get this problem more often than not; someone just does whatever they want without regard to either the other players' desires nor team comp.
Why is it that you believe you have more right to play adc than the first pick player?

Would you feel more comfortable if he said "adc" before picking begins?

KirbyCake

01-28-2013

i've seen a 700 point difference between team captain and last pick and they WEREN'T duo queueing

Alumenlux

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyCake View Post
i've seen a 700 point difference between team captain and last pick and they WEREN'T duo queueing
I don't mind it at all though. I dislike being first pick, the level of play is generally lower.

Most of the times I do worse when I'm last pick. I don't get 1700s to play against, but it just feels funner to play at a higher level.

It doesn't matter anymore but in like the first 3-4 weeks of the season you'd always just get q'd with random pro players at 1800 and that was always really fun as well.

StopTryingKid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Doesn't mater, I go where I please even if that roll is taken.

Ashi

01-28-2013

I always tell my teammates my preferred roles (top/jungle) and then let them know I am willing to fill. Most of the time I get to take one of my roles.

Typically pick order seems to be more respected. Not everyone enters chat lobby at the same time so calling roles isn't really fair by any means.