Do you respect pick-order or calls?

Pick order 93 76.23%
Role calls 29 23.77%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Which do you respect: Calls or pick-order?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobgrenade

01-28-2013

Neither. Talk to your damn team and work it out like grownups.

Edzter

01-28-2013

its absurd

last pick should get top/mid due to countering

in ranked solo last pick gets adc/support because thats the roles people want the least then the rage begins...

just go normals, its like 1500 elo there

Incubes

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyish View Post
It's kind of like a mix of both for me.

Of course pick order will be the way it always is but calls are for people who 'main' a certain role. So it's best to figure out through the calls and but respect the order.

Idk what I'm saying.
Nope that makes perfect sense.

You use call order for preference, but pick order is the "final judgement" so respect it. If you have a good team, the picks before you might respect your call.

That is if they lolking you, and you are doing well. If not, they willl just make you support.

BlGFISH

01-28-2013

I see it two fold, if you play draft you should be able to be familiar with at least 4/5 roles. You can't just go into a draft mode and say I can only play "X" role. But you also need to say what you are best with, and be open to working around to get everyone the role they are most comfortable with.
Sometimes people just have to suck it up and play support once in a while, and if you are not open to playing that then you shouldn't be playing draft.

I generally see pick order as there for a reason, which is why I respect that more, but I also want people to remain open and not just stick with 1 mindset and 1 champion.

dreadnickaflug

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumenlux View Post
if im first pick, chances are the last pick is some 1700
if im last pick, chances are the captain is some 2000

there's a pretty big discrepancy in elo in q's so i give pick order more consideration than calls. not saying much tho cos generally every1 gets their roles or adjusts without whining

The discrepancy between first and last pick grows a lot more as you climb because there are fewer people up at those ranks. I'm at 1750 and notice that but when I was around 1400 last season the difference was usually within 40 ELO.

Either way I respect draft order first but if someone is much more comfortable with one role than others I'll try to let them play that role if possible. It's probably largely out of empathy because I play ADC and Support at the ELO i'm at but am not nearly as comfortable with jungle and mid

Infernal246

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Neither. Have some communication and be flexible.

FDru

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubes View Post
Seriously?

According to the summoners code, pick order is the official protocol summoners should follow. Calls are a way to show WHAT YOU PREFER.
No, it isn't. There is no official stance on it, there never has been and there never will be.

Getting upset over it is pointless. If someone doesn't give a **** about what role they're playing on the team they aren't doing anything wrong.

Doxkid

01-28-2013

According to GD you should respect whatever will get you the role you want.

If you mess up and have last pick AND call the role last, you should spam GG in chat and blame someone else for your team having two junglers and no mid.

Dracocide

01-28-2013

Doesn't matter.

I say "Garen." I pick Garen. I lock in Garen. I then ask my team which Garen skin they would like. Then I rape as Garen.

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Does it really matter? Until something is officially done, these threads are pointless. People will ***** and whine on both sides of the fence.