Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Wits End needs a buff.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xela Syab

Senior Member

01-28-2013

It barely gives any stats for an 850 combine cost you get a 10 attack speed, situational null-magic mantel and 42 magic damage on hit. It needs either a gold cost reduction, some attack speed, make the mr proc bigger or give more flat mr.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Its good enough as-is: its an item that gives certain characters sharper teeth while making them tough targets for Mages on the side.

To fully appreciate the item, you should look at the combination of damage and durability.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonDragonX

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Quote:
Galgus:
Its good enough as-is: its an item that gives certain characters sharper teeth while making them tough targets for Mages on the side.

I disagree. The "sharper teeth" takes too long to assemble for those champs and 20 MR does NOT make you a tough target for a mage.

Wit's End needs to be built more quickly to make a difference in the mid game. Otherwise, it needs to be more powerful to make a difference in the late game. About 40% of the cost is the bow and another 40% is the combine. Those are too much. The bow doesn't do enough on its own for most champs to be worth picking up first. Carrying around a nullmagic mantle until you get 1800g feels really useless for a long time. Are you seriously going to farm that up with no damage items to get Wits end in the mid game? Or are you going to buy a Wits End late game, when there are better items to build?

Yeah, WE needs help.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

Senior Member

01-28-2013

The champions that typically build the item are those who can mostly build durability with one or two damage items to give them teeth and can use the attack speed decently.

Shen, Teemo, and Irelia come to mind, and perhaps Volibear.

With the way it is set up, its not really geared to work for a build highly invested in damage, but it is perfect for giving some sharper teeth while filling the MR niche of an already tanky build.

In short, for it to get a buff to work on a wider selection of champions such as all-in damage types or those that wouldn't like attack speed much, it would need to not work as well as those it currently works with.

Its like Gunblade- a great item for some champions, but it only works with specific kits.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thubgar

Senior Member

01-28-2013

20 mr=400gp
10as=400
end result, 42 damage for ~50gp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xela Syab

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Quote:
Galgus:
Its good enough as-is: its an item that gives certain characters sharper teeth while making them tough targets for Mages on the side.

To fully appreciate the item, you should look at the combination of damage and durability.


Hexdrinker outclasses the item in every respect, it's cheaper, builds from cheaper components, gives more durability against mages, and builds into a better item late game. As something thats just as-is it doesn't seem very viable. They made the item more expensive since it was cheap and was a great jungle option and they wanted Ionic Spark to be viable for some reason, however with the increase in health to the monsters in the jungle and the introduction of Maw of Malmortius the item is frankly outdated. Not asking for something op just some tweaking to make it viable, does almost the same magic damage as sunfire cape.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreeGothitelle

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Wit's end is mainly for champs that build tanky and scale off attack speed rather than straight AD (shen, irelia, volibear, though wits+spirit visage might be overkill for voli's MR)

Other than that, teemo should buy it if he's laning against AP, same with the adc if your/the opposing team isn't following the meta and are against AP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Generous Lover

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Quote:
Xela Syab:
Hexdrinker outclasses the item in every respect, it's cheaper, builds from cheaper components, gives more durability against mages, and builds into a better item late game. As something thats just as-is it doesn't seem very viable. They made the item more expensive since it was cheap and was a great jungle option and they wanted Ionic Spark to be viable for some reason, however with the increase in health to the monsters in the jungle and the introduction of Maw of Malmortius the item is frankly outdated. Not asking for something op just some tweaking to make it viable, does almost the same magic damage as sunfire cape.


champions like shyvana or irelia will prefer wits end, the 42 magic deamage outways the AD, the on hit damage synergizes with their kit at blade surge and twin bite apply on hit effects, they scale much better with attackspeed, thanks to shyvana passive, and irelias hitan style.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phromic

Member

01-28-2013

i agree kinda , i basically think it should be built like a malady . so 2 daggers and a null magic mantle
it would be more useful that way i think . honestly they both are in the same family that is feuding lol . one gives magic resist when u hit a target .the other takes away magic resist from the target you hit . both give you attacks speed and a on hit. so shouldn't they be built almost the same . the only difference i think they should have is the tome and mantle


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xela Syab

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Quote:
hahawhat:
champions like shyvana or irelia will prefer wits end, the 42 magic deamage outways the AD, the on hit damage synergizes with their kit at blade surge and twin bite apply on hit effects, they scale much better with attackspeed, thanks to shyvana passive, and irelias hitan style.


Actually, Irelia's and Shyvannas twin bite abilities scale with AD but Irelia gets her attack speed from zephyr/zeal/trinity force and Shyvanna honestly needs her AS from Guinisoos since shes a disfunctional hybrid like Sion (magic abilities that shred armor lol). Even playing as Teemo I'd rather grab Hexdrinker for the passive to help me survive another spell burst than Wit's End. The only benefit that Wit's End has is that it's the only defensive AS item in the game (besides Trinity Force but I'm not counting it because it has just about every stat in the game)