Could an AP auto attack champion work?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueQuail

01-28-2013

Not talking about Kog'Maw, Spellblade, Muramana, Kayle, etc.

Edit: Instead of doing ANY AD damage at all (from auto attacks) AP would be dealt. Just a different damage output that isn't acquired through Skills/Passives/Items.

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Teemo

Man0nFire

01-28-2013

Teemo is an auto attacking mage. just build some AS and AP on him, closest thing you will ever find in this game.

Cowgomoomoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Kayle

Hisoka29

01-28-2013

if he has a passive that grants autoattacks magic damage and scales with ap, yeah i guess..

Voidgolem

01-28-2013

Diana. Woop.

sh4dowhand

01-28-2013

You mean their autoattacks scale with AP or what? In which case we have Teemo, Orianna etc, which sort of works but is skill reliant more than AD autoattack champs, who do more straight up damage and can crit.

BlueQuail

01-28-2013

I'm talking about a champion with no skills that let them use AP as an auto attack. Teemo still does AD damage when he autos

Primetime Ziggs

Master Recruiter

01-28-2013

I can see that working.

I mean, we have something like Thresh's passive on Q already... I don't think an AP equivalent of that would be a huge stretch. It already somewhat works (see Teemo and Kayle; I'm not sure why you would specifically exclude Kayle from the list :\ )

And while Teemo still does AD whenever he autos, I'd argue the average player that plays Teemo worth a damn (ie. NOT AS A FREAKIN' ADC) will rely moreso on AP than their AD damage. I'm not sure how I feel about a champion with no skills... that seems more boring and gimmicky than an interesting design choice.

Tabouli

01-28-2013

Grab a malady and nashor on kass and he can run around with his w doing 300+ damage a hit Pending on how you build him outside of these two items.

Edit: I also tried malady on Thresh. It works quite nicely, but you'll have to get used to only hitting with the q proc uncharged.

Only reason I include malady in most of these builds is because it scales with ap now (even if it's a bad scale lol)