Aether Wing Kayle Swing...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Forchark

01-28-2013

Done dealing with the insults and trolling, removed post...

Baval

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forchark View Post
power from her legs.

you do know that kayle flies right? like, all the time? and that on her own dimension everyone probably did too? and that battles were fought entirely in the air with no ones feet ever touching the ground? and that trying to get "power from your legs" when they arent touching the ground is pointless and that her power would come more from her shoulders where her wings are?

seriously, think things through before you qq about why you wont buy a cool skin over some ridiculous detail

Forchark

01-28-2013

Take a look at the model and read this.

Does it look like shes hanging from some wings and swinging? No. It looks like shes hanging from cable that lets her swing back and forth. I'm excited for a dimension with cable attached wings...

Second, I'll just give you the whole wings aren't flapping argument so you have ground to stand on (yes...pun) by saying some gravity pump allows for her flight. You are welcome.

Third, when she does swing, shes using her hips entirely and her "wings" fly from left to right. If you were hanging from a set of wings that here holding you in the air (cable or no), therefore bearing your weight, what part of you body will move opposing your arms' movement...your legs; her mid-body and chest should be stable because of their direct link to her airborne support. Think of yourself in a chest harness and moving your arms, to counter the movement of your center mass, you legs will oppose your arm movement. Your body wont fly 3 feet over and away from you center mass and readjust/overcorrect the next second.

The animation is kinda ridiculous and, even though she is one of my favorite champs, I won't be buying this skin, let alone with $20 unless it is changed. Hate me for it if you want but I hope Riot pays attention to the shaming you committed just now.

Forchark

01-28-2013

If your awesome space age wings allow you to awkwardly fly side to side with your sword, not only helping to harm recovery on the counter swing, but also dropping all of your defenses, then its amazing you are still alive.

Baval

01-30-2013

actually, if YOU look, her whole body swings when she swings her sword, not just her upper body, meaning that as i said shes using her wings to move her body and add power to her sword thrusts. Just like a real life fighter takes steps to add power to their attacks. Other than the wings not flapping which as you yourself said is because they are not organic wings and fly based on some form of thrusters or gravity wells, the swing is completely believable for flying swordplay.

Oz SammyD X

01-30-2013

This skin is not worth 1820 and should not be called a legendary skin, 975 and just a standard skin is a fair price, hardly anything has changed at all, the ult still looks the same god dammit this is just a spit in the face to us all to be called a legendary skin with a slapped on 1820 price tag, I will NEVER buy this skin and nor should anybody else unless it gets a price drop to 975.

Baval

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz SammyD X View Post
This skin is not worth 1820 and should not be called a legendary skin, 975 and just a standard skin is a fair price, hardly anything has changed at all, the ult still looks the same god dammit this is just a spit in the face to us all to be called a legendary skin with a slapped on 1820 price tag, I will NEVER buy this skin and nor should anybody else unless it gets a price drop to 975.
It has new animations new effects new voice over and new particles and youre complaining because one move is the same? Which btw, it isnt, if you look there is a lot more detail and effects on the ult.

SuperiorZephyr

01-30-2013

People will always find something to complain about. Most of the time without even researching what they are talking about, as in this case. This thread is equivalent to those people in game that use all-chat while arguing because they want as much attention as possible.

I would understand if it was a thread about the regular thematic use of mechatronics in a lot of skins without as much variety as one might hope, but I think that it's time a lot of people took a look at why they are feeling so entitled.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm sure there are also people who feel the exact opposite and will gladly pay up.

Forchark

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz SammyD X View Post
It is what I have been saying. They are getting lazy but raising prices. They won't release new maps. And they are even ignoring physics and how bodies are built to move as each character is released.

I will give them Death Blossum Elise looks gorgeous and I am stoked on her going on sale. But yeah, this Kayle is NOT worth 1800rp. Its like buying a plain loaf of bread for $5 because its organic..Oh wait people do that.

Forchark

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorZephyr View Post
People will always find something to complain about. Most of the time without even researching what they are talking about, as in this case. This thread is equivalent to those people in game that use all-chat while arguing because they want as much attention as possible.

I would understand if it was a thread about the regular thematic use of mechatronics in a lot of skins without as much variety as one might hope, but I think that it's time a lot of people took a look at why they are feeling so entitled.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm sure there are also people who feel the exact opposite and will gladly pay up.
I initially started this thread to comment on the impossibility of her movements. However, people felt it worth all our time to troll instead and ignore the mechanics that I brought up. At best, you are bumping this for me so Riot will look at it, but I doubt they will fix it.

And kudos to purchasers. I'm just upset one of my favorite characters still has one of the oldest art works and the reskin was not what it could be; compared to other Legendary skins released.