Thresh's lantern should be prioritized.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AileTheAlien

01-28-2013

Right now, it's hard to click on Thresh's lantern in the middle of a fight, just because of the game's GUI/whatever you want to call it.
Simply put, the game prioritizes clicking on champions, minions, and pretty much everything before the lantern.
So, you'll try to click on it, only to have the game register the click as an attack on the minion which is half an inch away from the lantern.

I suggest prioritizing clicks as follows:
1. Casting a clicked/readied spell on an enemy or allied champion or minion.
2. Attack on an enemy champion.
* This might be debatable, but I'd say that a good Thresh teammate would land his lantern to avoid it being in the way of attacking.
3. Thresh's lantern.
4. Attack on an enemy minion.
5. All other clicks.

DanRileyCG

01-28-2013

If you click directly on the lantern if should select the lantern to matter what is over it (enemy champion and all). I've had too many teammates die because they weren't able to click the lantern.

Or maybe it's a combination of me having to throw it away from any/all units.

Yuan Shikai

01-28-2013

The fact that enemies can stand on the lantern to prevent you from using it is INTENTIONAL DESIGN to create counterplay for it.

AileTheAlien

01-29-2013

If enemies blocking it is intentional, then I've got no problem with that.

However, enemy minions blocking the lantern still seems bad; Fights are very hectic, and often happen near minions, to block skillshots, etc.
So, his lantern basically useless as an escape during lots of fights.

If it was not blocked by enemy minions/pets/etc, then the penalty would be a Thresh misplacing it, and causing a teammate to miss a last-hit, etc.
I argue that this is the better option, since the solution is for supported teammate A to complain at Thresh B, and for Thresh B to improve the positioning of his lantern for these less hectic times.

Nea De Penserhir

01-29-2013

Heaven forbid positioning include minions as well as champions.

Because no other abilities can ever be hampered by minions. ;p

Peligrad

01-29-2013

At the same time, this skill IS thresh.

Thresh was advertised as the champion who can save allies from impossible situations.

Except it isn't true. When you gank, just stand on his lantern and the other guy can't use it...

It's so stupid...

And Thresh's kit is already really hard to use.

Limited range, slow cast animations, low base damages, low ratios, long CDs.

U'd think they'd cut him a break on this one skill which really is what makes Thresh appealing...