Serious in-game issue - Unplayable on a competitive Level

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Within

01-28-2013

A mere copy and paste from the thread in General discussion, with the exception of a DxDiag attachment and R3D file of the match that can be seen in the recording.

As of 01/27/2013 after trying for a full day to get rid of weird lag spikes (e.g. during Thresh's death animation), random bug splats during the loading screens and sometimes weird "glide effects" on champions/minions. I finally managed to get rid of most of those problems, to get hit with yet another problem that is making competitive play next to impossible.

I recorded the following short clips (35 second video), in a custom made game on summoner's rift to briefly show you what I've been experiencing the past 1-2 days.

The video (YouTube): Click here
Besides the weird behaviour in the movement, my champion also tends to walk backwards sometimes when I click to move forward. In an actual match I don't have to explain what this means. You simply die for moving out of position for a split second.

Some extra information: Ping during recording and any other matches stays between 170 and 185. The numbers I've been playing this game with for years. (The Netherlands).
The FPS was limited and set to 30 during the recording, hence why it says 30. During normal gameplay it stays between 50 and 100.

No recent changes in hardware. Only software change (about a month ago now), would be the Nvidia driver update the 5th of January THIS year. (310.90)

My questions:
What's causing this issue? Is anyone or has anyone ever experienced this issue?

Edit: Uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't fix it. All drivers are up-to-date. All LoL related programs are excluded from being blocked by firewalls.
Pando Media Booster has been uninstalled.

Silent Within

01-28-2013

Bump.

Corruption44

01-28-2013

normal behaviour for somone in the 190-220 ping range.

Aquifn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

I, and several people I play with, are also having similar issues. We generally have a ping of around 30. Most of the time, it all plays well. Sometimes however I'll click somewhere and then click elsewhere, and the champion will just ignore commands completely and keep going. Losing control of your champion for 2-4 seconds is just horrible in a game like this. It only appears to be movement. I've been playing this game for years on the same rig, this is a new thing happening.

Silent Within

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruption44 View Post
normal behaviour for somone in the 190-220 ping range.
That is not normal behaviour whatsoever. Please keep in mind that I've been playing this game for 2-3 years. This has NEVER happened before. So this is far from normal

Silent Within

01-29-2013

Bump.

comiyavi

01-29-2013

Not too sure if I've been experiencing the same problem with the movements. Since around the 27th, too, I've been getting really bad lag spikes which hasn't happened to me since the Kha'Zix patch. Having a ping from around 80-120 is normal for me and is still playable without any problems but I'll spike to 400+, even sometimes nearly to 2k. Since I'm still having the ping spike problem, I can't tell if the odd movements I'm experiencing is completely due to the lag or not.

Poisoncomic

01-29-2013

I have the exact same problem and its very noticeable when you play adc. Normally i move my champion back and forth during the laning phase but every once in a while when i tell my champion to move in one direction it will keep going in the last inputted direction and i lose control of the champ for about 1 to 2 seconds. I thought it was my computer at first but i have changed everything and i have really good internet connection and computer. Its not coming from my end and it seems to have happened in the last couple of days (yesterday it was really noticeable). It makes farming a pain and during team fights if that happens i could instanly die depending on their champs if i lose control of my champ for one second even. Would like to know whats going on.

Kotau

01-29-2013

I have the exact same problem that the video shows. I find very, very annoying.

Kotau

01-29-2013

bump?