Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Karma rework ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragequitternob

Recruiter

01-28-2013

kk was thinking of this topic for very very long period . Figured that 90% of us know that karma is really underrated and underplayed. Riot has promised a buff or rework like evelynn stealth ( at almost the same time) they say that it would be their number 1 prioity at then but now it is already about a year ( if i recall right) and they still haven't release any rework or balancing patches which is srsly disappointing D: Thinking that all champion should be pretty commonly played karma needs a rework. She is very underplayed and underrated and is hardly seen in any game due to the lack of her power D:

Her Q needs a better ratio / or a smaller angle but longer range
Her w needs to damage enemy it hit not when they people pass through them
Her e is pretty fine for now cause of the skill shot
Her R charging is way to long and should have a little reduction on the cooldown time
Also all her skills are rank 6 but the damage output is the same or even a bit lower than many other champion which could only rank their skill up to lvl 5

Karma seriously need a buff/rework/balance. She is one of the intreasting support and one of my fav to play but in a situation like that it is just too hard to be useful with karma D:
Bump for a red post

Jaran Marcel

01-28-2013

I play Karma fairly often in live as she works rather well with my play style personally I think she is fine as is but I understand why people do not use her has she has no actual stun. Just my two cents on her as she is currently

Her Q being able to heal is vital early game to keep a poor ad alive
Her w is fine but I do like your suggestion if they keep it the other way why not just up the damage?
Her e gets really expensive to cast early game but you can make up for this for just being careful the idea of adding the stun or whatever to her shield is interesting but frankly it seems like it would be difficult to execute perhaps because I am more defensive
Her R is fine the way it is. If you change/up the cooldowns she may well be useless early game.

I cant speak for mid karma but her ap ratios are wonderful! I build her as a support/ap cross. (I will admit I have been secretly dreading her rework as the players I usually play with and myself love her exactly as she is. They often request her when they wish to play a more aggressive ad champion.)

Adrian Umbra

Recruiter

01-28-2013

A rework is in the works currently, but not at the point where it can be unveiled on the PBE.

ASYLUM101

01-28-2013

*Soon*

December Guinsoo said possibly in January - so it must be very close.

Faari

02-08-2013

cool

Vertany

02-08-2013

I disagree with what you said.

- Her W should definitely not do damage to the person it's linked to. Spirit Bond does the most damage of all her spells. And if used right, she can get that damage on all the enemy Champions. It's just not right to make it do that damage on the bonded target, if it did that, it would be OP. It is a difficult skill, but with a high reward and it should stay that way. That would just be too easy and the skill would be nerfed in another way. It's damage also shouldn't be buffed. It's already doing the most damage of all of Karma's skills.
- The R Cooldown is a problem, but it shouldn't just be made shorter. Also, no more than 2 Mantras, it's fine that way.

Possible solutions would be: (of course not all of them, these are just ideas)

- Make conditions that lower the Mantra Cooldown, e.g. hitting an opponent, using a skill lowering the Cooldown by two seconds.
- After the use of a Mantra, your skills become different, we all know that. But how about, just like for Rengar, those skills have different Cooldowns? Then you could use your normal shield on your attacked AD Carry and use the AoE Shield an your tank in the middle of the enemy. You could have two W bindings active, making cool plays. You could use one W for damage and one W to heal your team.

Since it's so many ideas I seperated them from the upper named ideas. Here are possible W changes:

- Give Karma's W the same Passive as Zyra's W, Cooldown Reduction.
- Give Karma's W soft CC (maybe Silence) if it is attached to an enemy Champion. You might even take it so far as to make it a short stun if used with a Mantra, instead of doubling the slowing effect. Then Karma could reposition herself and the tether, while having CC in her kit. If that is too strong, then you could give only the Mantra'd W a soft CC.
- If you are attached to a friendly Champion by a W, then if you heal yorself or shield yourself, your atached ally will be healed and shielded as well. Could be used on an AD Carry and would help greatly.
- If you use your Mantra'd W on an ally, he will be cleansed from all CC.