Remove critical strike chance from Infinity Edge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedEdge

01-28-2013

Now, no one wants Infinity Edge.
Because it is too expensive as compared to The Bloodthirster and The Black Cleaver.
But Infinity Edge is already a value weapon with too much critical strike chance so that only slightly lowered its price is not a good idea.
So I would like to provide a different solution to help Infinity Edge.

This solution will be a two-step
1.Remove critical strike chance from Infinity Edge.
New Infinity Edge:
Recipe: B. F. Sword (1550g) + Pickaxe (875g)+ 375g = 2800g.
Stats: +70 attack damage.
Passive: +50% critical strike damage.

2.Change Critical Strike Runes
Remove all with Critical runes.
Then, create new rune.
New Rune: (Tier 3)
Greater Mark of Scaling Critical Chance:
0.1 Critical Chance Per level (+1.8 at champion level 18)
Greater Glyph of Scaling Critical Chance:
0.025 Critical Chance Per level (+0.45 at champion level 18)

Greater Mark of Scaling Critical Damage:
0.0625 Critical Damage Per level (+1.125% at champion level 18)
Greater Glyph of Scaling Critical Damage:
0.25 Critical Damage Per level (+4.5% at champion level 18)

The first steps to Infinity Edge with the rationalization of prices
But without Critical Chance, its passive would not work.
And then, Sword of the Divine solve this problem.
At the lastest Patch, Sword of the Divine and Infinity Edge is a strange Combination
Because Sword of the Divine already have 100% critical chance, so summoners would not need more critical chance with Infinity Edge.
But Infinity Edge's Passive is the best thing to Strengthen the SOTD build.
Now, Infinity Edge + Sword of the Divine won't waste critical chance any more.
In addition to Sword of the Divine, Avarice Blade also solve this problem.
Avarice Blade gives champions 10% critical chance and more money to let summoners can get Infinity Edge earlier.

But only has only two solutions are not perfect.
So the second steps change Critical Strike Runes.
Let Summoner can use rune to get critical chance.
But change them to be "scaling" runes to avoid "lucky shot" from happening at early game as much as possible.
And Let Glyph have more Critical Damage than Mark, so summoner can choice Glyph of Scaling Critical Damage to Strengthen Critical Strike.

thank you watching
and sry about my poor English

sparkyyyyy

01-28-2013

This post just gave me and all adcs cancer

RedEdge

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer1192 View Post
This post just gave me and all adcs cancer
"cancer""cancer""cancer""cancer"
so sad...
Why does it give you and all adcs cancer?

Armageddal

01-28-2013

That kind of makes Infinity Edge terrible for people without crit chance runes, and it also weakens the ADC build overall, in exchange for a cheaper build, and AD carries don't want a cheap early game build.

Also, this sort of buff to AD assassins with SotD hits AD carries even harder, making them much easier to assassinate at an earlier level.

In general, this update would hurt the role of AD carry more than it needs to be hurt.

Dragoon14th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

to be honest IE does provide alot of crits fair to down scale it to 15% crit make it stackable change passive from unique to passive would make it so funny to have all 5 IE on with no real defenses. thus i would see happening.

Oh and if you cant do that reduce the dam crit damg on range carries by 25% Melee AD carries still have to get into yo face. Range ... pew pew pew look at that 1/4 gone before hes next to me. watch him try to out do me pew pew pew 3/4 gone. watch him run with 1/4 hp left pew pew run pew pew run.

On melee we have to hit run hit run hit run see how messed up that is.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

IE needs large amounts of Crit chance to really be a good buy, and removing crit chance would make it much harder to get there.

I don't support making an item weak unless a player uses a very specific set of marks.

Infinity Edge shouldn't be balanced around only Sotd builds- its real intent is to maximize potential ADC damage in a high crit build.

DingoHedge

01-29-2013

BWAHAHAHA! What do you mean, no one wants Infinity Edge? It's STILL one of the best items for an ADC, and i've seen every one in my games get one at some point.

RedEdge

01-29-2013

I think that crit runes already being useless runes.
ADCs only put one crit chance rune to wish a lucky crit strike at early game.
But Riot don't want any "lucky shot".
So crit rune will be remove, if we don't want to change anything...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's sophistic that AD carries don't want a cheap early game build.
AD carries already buy the cheaper item - The Bloodthirster and The Black Cleaver to make sure they can get advantage as soon as possible.
and it makes that some champions are weak beacuse they don't have much ad ratio skills.
Depend on "Auto attack", they need a cheaper build to get crit stirke.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this solution come true, AD Caster won't build SOTD either.
Because SOTD doesnt have any Attack Damage, but AD Caster need AD to let their skill more powerful.
AD assassins? who?
I think only AD melee Carries would build SOTD+new IE.
likes AD Master Yi and Fiora , because they already have much AD and AS to autoattack.
Are they overpower? No, they aren't.
Q:Tryndamere already have 35% crit chance, will he be overpower with new IE?
A:Oh~ come on , how long did you see Tryndamere in Summoner Rift? Can we just let him back?

Dragoon14th

01-29-2013

the fact is these champion are right click to win. And an auto attack is much too easy then a mage having to time some of their spells to be effectively Let see Mage vs AD carry is like this Mage have to use mana CDR and timing placement and avoiding other champ at the same time. AD carry uhhh right click champ then proceed to watch game. and what more is that ad carry can do more damg then mage just because all they gotta do is red buff and right click. So by nerfing IE AD carry power will be on par to mage power like i said they dont really need spells to be effective.

Let give you an example i play ashe without using any spells i still out damg any mage jus because my auto attack does much higher damg then a mage spell. and what more is that i can auto attack minions too. SO the farm level on ad carry is mush more profitable then what a mage can. a Mage has to waste MANA in order to clear a wave the same for an AD carry can without mana.

Galgus

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon14th View Post
the fact is these champion are right click to win. And an auto attack is much too easy then a mage having to time some of their spells to be effectively Let see Mage vs AD carry is like this Mage have to use mana CDR and timing placement and avoiding other champ at the same time. AD carry uhhh right click champ then proceed to watch game. and what more is that ad carry can do more damg then mage just because all they gotta do is red buff and right click. So by nerfing IE AD carry power will be on par to mage power like i said they dont really need spells to be effective.

Let give you an example i play ashe without using any spells i still out damg any mage jus because my auto attack does much higher damg then a mage spell. and what more is that i can auto attack minions too. SO the farm level on ad carry is mush more profitable then what a mage can. a Mage has to waste MANA in order to clear a wave the same for an AD carry can without mana.
If you've ever played a "right click" champion you know theres a lot more to it than right click = win.

In fact, many skills are the same mages use- timing, dodging, and proper use of abilities to setup opportunities and stay alive.

For example, I love to jungle as Master Yi, but if my team-fight plan was literally just right clicking as soon as the fight started, I'd die due to my lack of timing.

As a side note, I also enjoy mid Xerath and don't find his damage lacking.