Opinion: Jax Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Jubmeistah

01-28-2013

I was wondering how people out there build Jax? I like to play him very tanky if needed.

In lane, I prefer to build him more damage based because he is able to get more farm: Ninja Tabi, Tri Force, Gunbalde, Rageblade, GA and then an optional item.

For jungle I much prefer to go for more of a tanky build. This include a wriggles lantern, merc treads, blade of the ruined king, warmogs, Guardian Angel, Rageblade. (when full built I like to replace the lantern with a bloodthirster unless you like the ward, also the build is in no particular order)

So summoners, how do you build Jax?

~ Jub

Shigoshi

01-28-2013

Personally I play jungle jax and go more damage style.

Open Machete + 5 pots
After an intial clear (which to me is wolves>blues>wraiths>wolves>red>wraiths) I check for a quick gank chance then go back to base for spirit stone and level 1 boots.
Go back to some farming and looking for gank openings while red is up.
Aim to get sheen, vamp sep and level 2 boots
Follow into bilgewater, phage
Complete hextech gunblade and tri-force
Go and make blade of the ruined king for extra life steal and deal with tank targets when needed.

Problem is games end before I normally get any further than a second bilgewater so the rest of my build would most likely depend on what I need. Personally I am often looking at guinsoo for mega damage boost however a warmogs is considered if I am too squishy (which to be honest, I would go for the warmogs) and then cap off with something for damage.

Personally I level jax thus: E>W>W>Q>W>R>W>*>W>*>R>*>*>*>*>R>*>*

* = depends on conditions. If the enemy team has a lot of flash abilities I go for Q just to drop the cooldown for more jumps but if the enemy team is Auto-attack dependant then I go for E more.

For summoners I take Ghost and smite. While flash is nice, you already have leap which level 1 is 8 seconds and if you are good (which I ain't XD) then you always carry a ward for that clutch ward leap so flash is unneeded and jax needs to stick so the ghost allows for much better sticking power.

Remember, naturally with your ult you can gain armour and magic resist so investing too much in those stats can be a bit wasteful.

Pizzatime89

01-28-2013

i build:Merc treads, blade of the ruined king, hextech gunblade, trinity force, black cleaver and warmogs or GA

Rawrr

01-28-2013

I like to build him with alot of speed n blood steal like most my AD DPS champs that I play so my build is Berserker boots (homeguard), hydra, bloodthirster, infinity edge, frozen mallet, black cleaver, i get about 1k bonus hp from the gear +pretty much max damage and life steal

Cards and Dice

01-28-2013

With the new meta with Warmog's going on, I usually do this top lane.

Order of my build:

-Resistant boots(tabi or merc's, depending on opponent)

-BotRK. Before anyone flames me, let me tell you, even though the bonus damage decreases because of the current HP bull, the reason I get it is the active on BotRK, a free Malphite Q. Ask paintballreturns, he knows. I'd rather take this over BT imo. Even if it's just the % current HP damage, it's still enough to take chunks out of tanks.

-ICEBORN GAUNTLET! THIS ITEM IS THE REASON WHY I DONT GET TRIFORCE ANYMORE! IT HAS THE SHEEN PROC AND THE MALLET PROC TOGETHER IN AN AOE, AND IT GIVES MANA, ARMOR, AND CDR! The Zeal replacement will come later.

-Hextech Gunblade. For obvious reasons.

Those four items are CORE. The rest can be optional.

=Triforce is good, but IBG is better. You still can get both though. If you want.
=Warmogs. If you want to tank up.
=Zephyr is decent, actually. Tenacity, the absolute best movement speed bonus out of all items, and more CDR, as well as LOTS OF ATTACK SPEED.
=Nashor's Tooth. I think it's actually better than RageBlade. More Attack Speed than RB MAXIMALLY STACKED, great AP, only 7(65 compared to lower than RB with max stacks, and CDR. You'll be at the maximum of CDR pretty soon with this item. But...
=RageBlade has more sustain if you're dying. It's a matter of choice between Tooth and RB.
=Ravenous Hydra is good. Really good. EDIT: But other items outshine it on Jax.
=GA for obvious revival reasons. Jax is one of the only late-game champs that will not die instantly after revival because you probably have lots of lifesteal and spellvamp to keep you going. Unless CC is everywhere. Anyone dies there.
=Maw of Malmortius: I usually get this earlier than IBG if there's too much burst AP damage, but it's good vs AP.

And that's all I've got. I don't jungle Jax, so sorry, no info there except for starting with Wriggle's.

Titanomagnus

01-28-2013

Triforce is definetely something I like to get him almost every game.

Oddly enough I also like to get him Malady if I can get the two daggers quickly.

Spirit of the Lizard Elder, Ravenous Hydra, Mog's Armor+ either Zerker's greaves or Boots of Swiftness with furor.

The Jubmeistah

01-29-2013

Yes, I find BotRK is an amazing item for taking out tanks these day. Also Iceborn gauntlets can replace Tri Force, depends if you want to be tanky or not! I myself have never bought ravenous hydra on Jax, never really thought of doing it so i will have to try it out!

The Jubmeistah

01-29-2013

Bump

The Jubmeistah

01-30-2013

Bump

Aeziir

01-31-2013

I go Merc/Ninja boots depending on the enemy team (usually Merc's since CC's are OP)
then Phage->Sheen->Zeal into Triforce for the health and mana first
then Rageblade
then either vamp scepter->BT or GA depending on if I'm fed or feeding lol