Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Thresh's "The Box" needs to snare

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QuentinWarden

Senior Member

01-27-2013

It needs to snare instead of apply a 99% slow (with diminishing returns on the CC on the same champ when hitting multiple walls)

Currently, the ult is far too easily ignored by champions with gap closers and the like (which dominate league play) who can sail right over it and continue bashing in your team while Thresh players get nothing but some rather insignificant damage out of it. This makes me question Thresh's viability in the current popular champion pool (and the ubiquitous presence of flash).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SureYouCan

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. A root on his ulti would be too powerful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Shocker

Junior Member

01-28-2013

That being said Vlad is screwed in "the box", sanguine pool doesn't stop it's effects as my teammate found out a few games ago by trying to sink underneath it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hjørne

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Quote:
QuentinWarden:
It needs to snare instead of apply a 99% slow (with diminishing returns on the CC on the same champ when hitting multiple walls)

Currently, the ult is far too easily ignored by champions with gap closers and the like (which dominate league play) who can sail right over it and continue bashing in your team while Thresh players get nothing but some rather insignificant damage out of it. This makes me question Thresh's viability in the current popular champion pool (and the ubiquitous presence of flash).



Or they could make it like Veiger's Event Horizon, where if someone uses a gap closer and croses the ability they still get stunned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

Senior Member

01-28-2013

I would be alright with a snare. But I think you're seriously underestimating it's damage. 550+1.0xAP is great damage, especially since Thresh will have more AP than most supports.

Personally I'd just rather his ult come down drastically in cooldown. I fail to see why it's a 150/140/130 cooldown ult, which is on par with Amumu and Galio, when it's effect is more easily circumvented, it has weaker CC, and it covers a smaller area. Shave 50sec off that sucker and call it a day.

Quote:
Hjørne:
Or they could make it like Veiger's Event Horizon, where if someone uses a gap closer and croses the ability they still get stunned.


I'm pretty sure this should be happening, outside of blink effects like Ez/Talon. That's the whole reason Vlad can't pool through it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

01-28-2013

Zed can shadow through it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kavinh the third

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Quote:
SureYouCan:
Took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. A root on his ulti would be too powerful.

veigar's e is a 2.5 second stun similar aoe and on a normal skill making it alot easier to spam up to cast every small fight. in comparison thresh's ult is completely UP at least giving him the root would make it better since then they can't flash.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Quote:
kavinh the third:
veigar's e is a 2.5 second stun similar aoe and on a normal skill making it alot easier to spam up to cast every small fight.

It also does no damage, doesn't scale with AP and Veigar dies instantly to everyone and everything without it while Thresh has a fair bit more beef and gets free AP while utilizing his passive, though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peligrad

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Quote:
Vuther:
It also does no damage, doesn't scale with AP and Veigar dies instantly to everyone and everything without it while Thresh has a fair bit more beef and gets free AP while utilizing his passive, though.


You're right...because Veig doesn't get any free AP. He doesn't get armor/level either....

I don't see anything wrong with Thresh's ulti except its CD. The CD is a bit long for a support. But the spell is very powerful and doesn't need anything adjusted IMO.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drekor

Senior Member

01-28-2013

Quote:
TidesOfLogan:
Zed can shadow through it.


That's a "flash" not a "dash".


123