Thresh's "The Box" needs to snare

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QuentinWarden

01-27-2013

It needs to snare instead of apply a 99% slow (with diminishing returns on the CC on the same champ when hitting multiple walls)

Currently, the ult is far too easily ignored by champions with gap closers and the like (which dominate league play) who can sail right over it and continue bashing in your team while Thresh players get nothing but some rather insignificant damage out of it. This makes me question Thresh's viability in the current popular champion pool (and the ubiquitous presence of flash).

SureYouCan

01-28-2013

Took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. A root on his ulti would be too powerful.

The Shocker

01-28-2013

That being said Vlad is screwed in "the box", sanguine pool doesn't stop it's effects as my teammate found out a few games ago by trying to sink underneath it.

Hjørne

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinWarden View Post
It needs to snare instead of apply a 99% slow (with diminishing returns on the CC on the same champ when hitting multiple walls)

Currently, the ult is far too easily ignored by champions with gap closers and the like (which dominate league play) who can sail right over it and continue bashing in your team while Thresh players get nothing but some rather insignificant damage out of it. This makes me question Thresh's viability in the current popular champion pool (and the ubiquitous presence of flash).

Or they could make it like Veiger's Event Horizon, where if someone uses a gap closer and croses the ability they still get stunned.

PerfidiousAlbion

01-28-2013

I would be alright with a snare. But I think you're seriously underestimating it's damage. 550+1.0xAP is great damage, especially since Thresh will have more AP than most supports.

Personally I'd just rather his ult come down drastically in cooldown. I fail to see why it's a 150/140/130 cooldown ult, which is on par with Amumu and Galio, when it's effect is more easily circumvented, it has weaker CC, and it covers a smaller area. Shave 50sec off that sucker and call it a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjrne View Post
Or they could make it like Veiger's Event Horizon, where if someone uses a gap closer and croses the ability they still get stunned.
I'm pretty sure this should be happening, outside of blink effects like Ez/Talon. That's the whole reason Vlad can't pool through it.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

01-28-2013

Zed can shadow through it.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureYouCan View Post
Took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. A root on his ulti would be too powerful.
veigar's e is a 2.5 second stun similar aoe and on a normal skill making it alot easier to spam up to cast every small fight. in comparison thresh's ult is completely UP at least giving him the root would make it better since then they can't flash.

Vuther

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
veigar's e is a 2.5 second stun similar aoe and on a normal skill making it alot easier to spam up to cast every small fight.
It also does no damage, doesn't scale with AP and Veigar dies instantly to everyone and everything without it while Thresh has a fair bit more beef and gets free AP while utilizing his passive, though.

Peligrad

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
It also does no damage, doesn't scale with AP and Veigar dies instantly to everyone and everything without it while Thresh has a fair bit more beef and gets free AP while utilizing his passive, though.
You're right...because Veig doesn't get any free AP. He doesn't get armor/level either....

I don't see anything wrong with Thresh's ulti except its CD. The CD is a bit long for a support. But the spell is very powerful and doesn't need anything adjusted IMO.

Drekor

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidesOfLogan View Post
Zed can shadow through it.
That's a "flash" not a "dash".