When you inevitably nerf Kayle (wrongly)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lucidlore

01-28-2013

Nerf liandrys. Problem solved.

MrFisterRoboto

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
No...

Kayle is a melee champion and could use RH even while RF is going.

But RH is a terrible item on her...so no one does.

Hybrid itemization is so much better... Nashor's, Rageblade, Gunblade, all 3 of them are way more cost effective for kayle (as is Liandry's). No one above 1300 ELO is buying RH on her...even though it does work.
Sorry to disagree, but RH does NOT work while RF is up. Here's my proof:

Kayle Abilities @ LoL Wikia

Here's the quote from her ability description on the wiki:
Quote:
Cleave and Crescent from Tiamat and Ravenous Hydra will not trigger while in Fury, since Kayle becomes a ranged Champion. Meanwhile the Passive from Runaan's Hurricane will trigger, and the projectiles from Runaan's Hurricane will proc the on-hit magic damage portion of Righteous Fury but not the on-attack splash damage portion.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Kayle's ultimate is on far too short of a cool-down for how much it affects teamfights- thats all I'd really nerf.

Peligrad

01-28-2013

I wouldn't be so quick to put faith into wiki. Either way, even if it does work...no one buys RH on Kayle...

Lucidlore

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
I wouldn't be so quick to put faith into wiki. Either way, even if it does work...no one buys RH on Kayle...
Hydra only works when shes in melee and does not work when she has fury activated. Hurricane does not work while she's melee but works when she has fury activated. Tested and proved both for myself. Stop spreading false information.

iTziLLiRL

01-28-2013

You guy's need to understand there are counter's to champions... So Kayle is strong right now but people will realize how to play against her. It happens to every champions... "OMG DARIUS OP" "OMG KHA ZIX OP" "OMG ELISE OP" "OMG ALL CHAMPIONS OP" It's always like that for a little while then people learn how to play against them.

McNaulty

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
Kayle's ultimate is on far too short of a cool-down for how much it affects teamfights- thats all I'd really nerf.
That is exactly what I'm afraid Riot will do, and exactly the opposite of what they should do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol Sleepy lo View Post
You guy's need to understand there are counter's to champions... So Kayle is strong right now but people will realize how to play against her. It happens to every champions... "OMG DARIUS OP" "OMG KHA ZIX OP" "OMG ELISE OP" "OMG ALL CHAMPIONS OP" It's always like that for a little while then people learn how to play against them.
Well, Elise and Kha'Zix are very different than Kayle. But you are correct about Kayle in this instance.

SleepyDeath

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Umbra View Post
What? I'm not seeing a change in Kayle popularity or strength at all...
her popularity is way up now that LCS 3 europe has played her many times, and to good effect. she has been primarily been used in the jungle and ocassionally in mid. personally i have always been a big fan of running her hybrid up top, primarily focusing on ad. but she is definately more popular now.

her strength is still the same, and one of her strongest attributes is that she can be picked first then go either jungle or mid, or in my opinion top, which makes her very hard to counter pick in ranked

Kyu Ryu

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly Inc View Post
She has become stronger due to the weapon changes, Ravenous Hydra is especially effective on her, considering she is a melee champion that is allowed to use the weapon in a ranged fashion, and as a double AoE. I haven't confirmed this myself, but I imagine it works just fine, and is particularly good at life leeching.

But I don't think Kayle has dramatically changed, or her function has differed in any significant way.
When she goes into range for she loses the spread effect of Ravenous Hydra.

Godly6R

02-15-2013

They did it on PBE. The nerfs were harsh(removed damaged aplification on Q, reduced duration of slow, removed MR-Lv scaling,etc making AD&Support Kayle very weak and greatly diminishing the potential of AP Kayle) Hopefully this is only PBE and she still wasn't Rengarized