Poppy!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

So I just wanted to throw this out there, as I know a ton of people still dont realize this.

Poppy can still be played in the current meta!!!

Honestly I think she is best played as a jungle, as due to the way jungles are countered its not near as punishing as getting her for top lane. that being said, please guys go out and play her, I love seeing a poppy in my games!

If you do take her top lane, and you are awesome as her, hats off man, you are my hero. =D

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Poppy still fails in the jungle. Most other jungles could kill her easily pre-6. plus she is really slow.

GiottoXIII

02-18-2013

really slow jungle clear, no hard cc/reliable cc, lack of MS, lack of jungle sustain... there's a lot of things wron with poppy jungle i'll grant it she's fun to play but by no definition does that mean she's viable

Mogs01gt

02-18-2013

wow both down voted for pointing out facts?

omegam0

02-18-2013

I dunno, I didnt find her that much slower then, other junglers I have played. I also never had the problem of getting killed pre 6 by enemy jungler, I have killed them tho when they tried. I think a ton of it depends on rune build and mastery setup for her on that end. I also felt it was easier to play her there then in lane, her ganks are good, you just have to have proper positioning and know how to use her charge. That charge is key to her ganks. Sure she doesnt have cc, but she is still more viable then people give her credit for. Keep in mind, I am not saying she is the best thing since sliced bread or anything. There are better picks, but she is not as bad as ppl make her out to be.

GiottoXIII

02-18-2013

just because she's good in the right hands does not make her viable... champion viability is deterermined by how well a champion's kit function in the current meta.... And frankly for that exact reason and the fact that there are loads of junglers who do her job better they push her out of "viability" there's a reason why poppy either laned or jungled doesn't see competetive play and that's because other similar or different champions vastly outrank her usefulness at all stages of the game poppy's saving grace is largely her late game where she becomes a definitive force to be recokened with... you may have been able to counter jungle an enemy jungler but that doesn't mean it increases her viability it just means she isn awful

omegam0

02-18-2013

actually the whole term viable seems to be over used and has lost its original meaning, I mean, if we are talking tournament viability, no she is not. If we are talking general viability yes, yes she is, as are most champions. I myself am talking about general viablity as most ppl assume she just is not viable in anyway shape or form. If you pick her on a team that she would fit in well, the rest of the team will complain stating she sucks, or some such nonsense. Sure there are other junglers better, but those junglers have other picks that are better, the thing is its all about team comps. my whole original post is that she is viable in a general sense and shoudl be played more. Problem I have noticed is characters like her get a stigma from people talking about how they are not viable at all, to the point that even if they were to be a good choice on a team comp, they dont pick her cuz other people have talked about how bad a pick they are, even if they woudl do well. The reason I take poppy jungle is honestly its safer imo to pick her there then lane, I feel less pressured and get to farm a bit more freely as her then. Also the problem I have noticed with her is people have a difficult time with positioning for her charge, and once they play her and do bad at that they claim she sucks. that and proper use of her ult. I think instead of telling people not to pick a champ for x,y reasons, we should encourage it to some degree. for one, it allows people to learn the champ more, when to play them, how to play them, helps shed light on that champ some. I dunno, its all a mentality thing anyway, and most ppl are of the mentality of "did they play this champ in a tourney lately? if so thats who I wanna play" or "is this champ gonna let me roflstomp everyone" not "will I have fun with this champ, and can I learn to be effective with them" I mean every champ has a counter, but even that has does not compare to the skill of the players. I really just want ppl to try her before they let others influence their opinion, heck this could be said of a ton of champs in fact. too many sheep, and im allergic to wool...

omegam0

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiottoXIII View Post
just because she's good in the right hands does not make her viable... champion viability is deterermined by how well a champion's kit function in the current meta.... And frankly for that exact reason and the fact that there are loads of junglers who do her job better they push her out of "viability" there's a reason why poppy either laned or jungled doesn't see competetive play and that's because other similar or different champions vastly outrank her usefulness at all stages of the game poppy's saving grace is largely her late game where she becomes a definitive force to be recokened with... you may have been able to counter jungle an enemy jungler but that doesn't mean it increases her viability it just means she isn awful
I also wanted to point something else out, thank you, seriously thank you for at least discussing this and not just going "ahhh she not darius omg you suck, omg she sucks" or some such nonsense, always nice to see a person just well state what they feel, believe, see, know etc etc. its how we learn and grow =)

Shockforce

02-18-2013

She is ok in the jungle but a bit slow. If you were sending a tank solo top then it might be ok to jungle her.

Jungle is a deathtrap for most anyone trying to counter jungle poppy.

AWildRaticate

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiottoXIII View Post
really slow jungle clear, no hard cc/reliable cc, lack of MS, lack of jungle sustain... there's a lot of things wron with poppy jungle i'll grant it she's fun to play but by no definition does that mean she's viable
Lack of movespeed waht? Poppy is a fireball blazing from hell... And if people try to counter jungle her they are in for some serious trouble if she finds them. Messing with Poppy in the jungle is just begging to get tackled into a wall and exploded.

I do agree that her clears are slow and she obviously has poor sustain, but getting Spirit of the Lizard Elder and Sheen pretty much solves her sustain and speed issues. Still not top tier, but a very competent jungler when played correctly. You have to utilize for AA resets well and keep Paragon up at all times.