Would you consider starting an Internet Psychology Club?

Yes 11 45.83%
No 2 8.33%
I don't go to High School. 13 54.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Internet Psychology Clubs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KøD The Chøsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Hello Summoners,
So as is with everyone else on the forums, I hate trolls and ragers in the game, and actually started a club at my high school. "Internet Psychology Club".

Our goal is "to analyze the reactions of people on the internet to various stimuli in order to discover and implement the best ways to transform the online community for the better, as well as to increase the information sharing capabilities of the various peoples already aiding in such investigations."

During our meetings we analyze many of the problems which occur during gameplay.

I understand that many people do not analyze these problems because they would rather play games of LoL. Thus, I'd like to propose that others start Internet Psychology Clubs at their schools to give people a set time in the day (where one wouldn't normally have time to analyze these problems due to their ability to do other things). If you need help to start one (such as how to work the jargon to look more acceptable than LEAGUE OF LEGENDS CLUB) feel free to ask for it.

LET THE INTERNET PSYCHOLOGY CLUBS RYZE TO BECOME COMMONPLACE.

KøD The Chøsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Bump

Enterti

01-28-2013

Sounds like a cool idea, however the average LoL player is no longer in highschool.

KøD The Chøsen

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
Sounds like a cool idea, however the average LoL player is no longer in highschool.
Haha, that could be a problem... But there are a lot of LoL players who ARE still in highschool...

SPREAD THIS AROUND SO THEY CAN SEE IT.

Kaze Rurouni

01-29-2013

I'm not gonna start a club about this (I'm in college), but something that you guys may want to look up in your own club is Histrionic personality disorder. I used to be a Psychology major, and looking back on some of my studies today and thinking about some of the things that happen in league, I realized that there seems to be a huge crossover here.

I say this mainly because people flip their **** at the smallest things, and if you read up on the histrionic disorder, you may find something interesting

KøD The Chøsen

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinimmortal View Post
I'm not gonna start a club about this (I'm in college), but something that you guys may want to look up in your own club is Histrionic personality disorder. I used to be a Psychology major, and looking back on some of my studies today and thinking about some of the things that happen in league, I realized that there seems to be a huge crossover here.

I say this mainly because people flip their **** at the smallest things, and if you read up on the histrionic disorder, you may find something interesting
We'll look into it. Thanks for the tip.

KøD The Chøsen

01-29-2013

Bump

KøD The Chøsen

01-31-2013

B-B-B-b-b-b-b-UMP

KøD The Chøsen

02-01-2013

Bump

Amygdalas

02-01-2013

I can teach you everything you want to know about psychology on LoL. I'm 18 year old aspergers with a fixation on abnormal psychology! I've studied abnormal psychology as a hobby since I was 14 or 15. If you want an easy place to begin you should look up ego defense mechanisms! Projection, Repression, and denial. Most of the the defense is based around the fear of shame. A perfect example of Projection is when.. say the top lane dies from a gank, instead of buying a ward the first response would be to look at the chat. He frantically looks for the "mia" if there is none he will project the shame of his own death onto the midlaner who didn't call the mia. In another case he may say "GG noob jungle never ganks" to project the shame onto the jungler.