For god's sake, remove Blitzcrank from the champion pool for ARAM!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcane Azmadi

01-27-2013

Seriously. In a mode that is basically nonstop 5v5 teamfighting, Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab breaks THE ENTIRE GAME over his metallic knee with a sickening crack. An even semicompetent Blitzcrank on a team in ARAM is basically a free win. There is NO possible counterplay to him because you don't even have the option of selecting champions that counter him (because it's ARAM!). And maybe it's just my imagination, but he seems to appear way more than almost ANY other champ. About every second ARAM game I see has a Blitzcrank in it- or it WOULD if he didn't provoke so many dodges.

Seriously, just take him out. Remove him. Don't allow him to be randomly assigned to anyone. Neither Thresh nor Nautilus have anything LIKE the game-destroying imbalance that Blitzcrank and his Rocket Grab provide. There's absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Don't downvote this unless you can provide a good reason why he shouldn't be removed ("I like playing as him" and "l2p noob" are NOT good reasons).

Zielmann

01-27-2013

1. He's heavily reliant on the skill of the player using him. I've seen many garbage Blitzcranks in my days of ARAM.

2. He's heavily reliant on the skill (or lack thereof) of his opponents. It's not that hard to stay out of his line of sight, and if you do it right, you can even still farm or use your poke.

3. The threat of the grab (the main issue most people have with him in ARAM) becomes less and less of a big deal as the game goes on. It's very strong early, sure. But later on, there are actually quite a few champions that the Blitz doesn't want to pull.

He's not uncounterable. He's not OP through the entirety of the game. He can be a big game-changer if played well, sure. But he's no instant-win.

And of course, I'll leave my usual response, too: if you can't handle the random, don't play ARAM.

Arcane Azmadi

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
And of course, I'll leave my usual response, too: if you can't handle the random, don't play ARAM.
There's randomness, and then there's plain retardedness. Blitz isn't random: the team that gets him wins. Period. I'm sorry, but what you said simply isn't true- unless the player on Blitzcrank is so completely incompetent that he never lands a single grab all game, he's game breaking. Murderbridge is a straight, narrow lane with nowhere to hide, nowhere to dodge and just enough room for him to move around the minions to get a clear shot at your entire team.

Just because ARAM is supposed to be random, doesn't mean Riot should completely ignore every single balance issue on it. Blitz is fair enough in normal play, albeit maybe a bit too strong, but on Murderbridge he's blatantly OP.

Endr03

01-28-2013

just played an ARAM against a blitz and we won, he's not hard to dodge, his rocket grab is like nid's spear, both are quite easy to dodge and ussually when I get grabbed it's my fault

innervation

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endr03 View Post
just played an ARAM against a blitz and we won, he's not hard to dodge, his rocket grab is like nid's spear, both are quite easy to dodge and ussually when I get grabbed it's my fault
Shh. That amounts to "l2p" and OP already said that's not valid because...wait why is that not valid?

Blitz is beatable, l2p.

inb4 OPs smurf army downvotes disagreements into oblivion.

Arcane Azmadi

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endr03 View Post
And when you get grabbed, your fault or not, you instantly die, right?

That's the thing. It's not about how hard it is for him to land a grab. It's the fact that the moment he does is a death sentence.

Zielmann

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
And when you get grabbed, your fault or not, you instantly die, right?

That's the thing. It's not about how hard it is for him to land a grab. It's the fact that the moment he does is a death sentence.
Not...really. Blitz doesn't do enough damage on his own to kill you. His team has to actually jump on the thing that was pulled, and generally some secondary form of CC is really necessary to lock down the kill.

I've seen plenty of people survive Blitz pulls in ARAM. It goes back to my one point about how it's strongest in the early game, while everything is particularly squishy. Also, if against a Blitz, take flash. It'll usually save you once if you do happen to get pulled.

Just because you played one game last night against a decent Blitz and lost it horribly doesn't mean he needs removed from the game. By that same token, I could complain that almost every single champion in the game should be removed, because I've probably lost to all of them at least once at this point.

Looking through my LoLReplay files...
Blitzcrank has an ARAM W/L record of 14/11 in the last 25 games I've seen him. In 10 of those 11 losses, Blitz was on the other team, and my team still won. So we actually have a pretty significant win rate over teams with Blitzcrank. Just goes to show you that skill is still paramount, and Blitz isn't an instant-win.

He also doesn't even make the top 15 list of champions by win-rate on the proving grounds, according to LoLKing's data from the last month. He's actually gone slightly less than 50/50...

LrdVprScrpn

01-28-2013

here's a secret that I'll let you in on: (This also applies to nid's spear)

These abilities have a COOLDOWN that is PREDICTABLE.

A good rule of thumb for blitz is you have 10 seconds of absolute safety between grab attempts. After that you should start getting to a safe position.

For Nid's spears the cd can be shorter, but again, it's PREDICTABLE.

The problem is people don't pay attention. Is blitz strong? Yes. Is he low risk/high reward? Yes. Is he unbeatable? NO.

Don't give him clear shots- If you are the tank on your team, box him out. If you are a juicy carry/squishy, make sure you put minions/teammates between yourself and blitz. It's really not that hard.

FDru

01-28-2013

You have to play Blitz highly aggressively to realize just how stupidly easy he is to use. You pop overdrive, run straight out in front of your minions and toss out your grab at the nearest target, and as long as your aim isn't stupid you should get them. And as long as your team isn't stupid they should die (or almost die/blow barrier and flash etc).

If you play defensively you're much more likely to miss grabs due to the long range, and if the enemy is playing defensively you can just push down the lane.

Blitz is hands down the best and strongest initiator in the entire game, and the only thing that can hold him back is a bad team that doesn't follow up on his initiates.

PHYSCORELLIK

01-28-2013

Lux OP!