Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


@Morello: Can you please do these as well when you are changing Riposte

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxMindedGuy

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Karait:
Working as intended. If someone like Olaf can run at your carry while being unkitable then someone squishy like Fiora should be able to do it with twice Olaf's damage.


Haha Olaf does more damage than Fiora, with AOE damage and slow AND awesome life-steal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sergeantpickle

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
FoxMindedGuy:
Haha Olaf does more damage than Fiora, with AOE damage and slow AND awesome life-steal.


What game are you playing?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxMindedGuy

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
sergeantpickle:
What game are you playing?


The same game where Fiora NEVER gets played and Olaf is the king of top and jungle in almost every competitive (or every other competitive game).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

01-29-2013

Quote:
PhailRaptor:
I don't understand. She already becomes untargetable during Blade Waltz, meaning nothing new can hit her -- only persistent effects that are already on her can continue hurting her.

Every once in a while, not always, AoE will still hit here during her ult. I've never been able to figure out why it does or what conditions need to be met in order for it to happen, it's a huge part of Fiora's problems considering it's her only way to stay alive in a clustered teamfight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxMindedGuy

Senior Member

01-30-2013

The other day graves threw his smoke bomb down on himself while Fiora ulted him and walked out of the smoke radius. Fiora stopped at 2 slashes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Echous

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Karait:
Working as intended. If someone like Olaf can run at your carry while being unkitable then someone squishy like Fiora should be able to do it with twice Olaf's damage.


Um no. We are comparing two way different champions here.

Olaf's only job IS to use ult and run down the carries, Fiora's is not.

The way she is now I can't really figure out a job for her, she is very lack luster.

I like all the pick for changes though, sept burst of speed.

Also for note, Fiddles W persists through Fioras ult even though it makes her "untargetable"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxMindedGuy

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Echous:
Um no. We are comparing two way different champions here.

Olaf's only job IS to use ult and run down the carries, Fiora's is not.

The way she is now I can't really figure out a job for her, she is very lack luster.

I like all the pick for changes though, sept burst of speed.

Also for note, Fiddles W persists through Fioras ult even though it makes her "untargetable"


mhm, hence I said new source of damage can't trigger.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sirshiny

Senior Member

01-31-2013

I don't play fiora so pardon for asking but with the way they plan on changing her riposte would that mean that she "could" be effectively immune to CC?

How would this apply with say a blitz grab or a thresh hook? Another example would be sona's ult.

If she can just pull up riposte before a team fight starts to block the other team's initiate move then follow into her untargetable ult that would give her quite a large bonus over many other champions who's abilities to mitigate crowd control abilities are only in their ultimate (Vi, Olaf) and even so they're still target-able for regular damage.

While she isn't a big pick she consistently wins about half of her games this feels a little unneeded and it makes me a rather concerned to see how this will be balanced accordingly and how it will also take item abilities into effect as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxMindedGuy

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
sirshiny:
I don't play fiora so pardon for asking but with the way they plan on changing her riposte would that mean that she "could" be effectively immune to CC?

How would this apply with say a blitz grab or a thresh hook? Another example would be sona's ult.

If she can just pull up riposte before a team fight starts to block the other team's initiate move then follow into her untargetable ult that would give her quite a large bonus over many other champions who's abilities to mitigate crowd control abilities are only in their ultimate (Vi, Olaf) and even so they're still target-able for regular damage.

While she isn't a big pick she consistently wins about half of her games this feels a little unneeded and it makes me a rather concerned to see how this will be balanced accordingly and how it will also take item abilities into effect as well.


Only on-hit based CC and effects... This includes Renekton Stun, Leona Shield Bash Stun, Teemo Toxic poison. Not Sion stun or Fiddlesticks fear etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TherIsNoUrfLevel

Senior Member

01-31-2013

For the love of all that is good and holy...

MAKE PANTHEON'S PASSIVE ONLY BLOCK THE FIRST HIT FROM THE ULT AND NOT THE ENTIRE THING.

I thought this was already changed so that it only blocked the first hit, until I tried to play her vs. Pantheon the other day.

Also, Jax's E cancels all damage AND stuns her out of her ult which is irritating.