Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please make PBE available only to level 30s who haven't been banned in the past year.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minnesoda

01-28-2013

Quote:
FDBxFRODO:
I mean lyte said they may make it cost money to access PBE.
So the regular meaning of premium.

they won't charge, this is the largest f2p game in the world.. they won't do that

Reset Kingg

01-28-2013

Quote:
SpadeCA:
That is not what he meant by premium. He means the server is going to be of premium quality soon.

That's not at all what he meant from the look of it. He meant you would have to pay to prevent toxic players from playing. A cost is a punishment, meaning it lessens the likelihood of someone being toxic because there is something to be lost or taken away. This is a piece of Operant Conditioning, a psychological way to keep people from showing a behavior by putting a negative consequence in.
This is the same way the honor system works, as well as the holiday summoner icons. Those were Positive reinforcers though, and they caused people to be more likely to act positively toward each other to receive the rewards, in this case summoner icons or honor, which resulted in badges.
Quote:
Lyte:
I just posted this elsewhere, but felt there was value re-posting in this thread:

The player behavior team is going to be taking a look at PBE and revamping the player behavior policies there--our goal is to make the PBE a premium server where we have higher standards than standard servers. For now, I'd continue to report toxic players on PBE so we can utilize the data retroactively.

We'll be posting more in the PBE forums about this initiative in the near future.

Premium does not imply a quality increase, and the way it is underlined and bolded by him makes it surely seem like he meant that you would have to pay to access it.

Wards win games

01-28-2013

Quote:
FDBxFRODO:
I mean lyte said they may make it cost money to access PBE.
So the regular meaning of premium.

This was never stated. What was stated was that they are hoping to make the PBE Exclusive; and a privilege that select players EARN. Not something they pay for.

edit: In hind-site both of our opinions are nothing but speculation; where as there is a potential for both of our statements to be incorrect, or incorrect.

Judging by the business process' of there previous services, (Think the wrenchman), and their heavy free to play model, It is VERY unlikely that you are interpreting "premium" a bit to literally for Riots style. Adding a charge does nothing to increase the quality of the PBE service, as plenty will pay this fee just to troll (if enough serious players pay the fee to test).

All and all, having a "paid" pbe would halt process' on the PBE entirely. Where a handful would be willing to associate a cost, the volume of users interested would be too low to encourage.

Wards win games

01-28-2013

Quote:
FDBxFRODO:

Premium does not imply a quality increase, and the way it is underlined and bolded by him makes it surely seem like he meant that you would have to pay to access it.

I can agree with this portion to a sense, if you look at only the highlighted statement. His addition of the following is what leads me to the conclusion that the feature WILL NOT be a pay-to-use service.
Quote:
server where we have higher standards than standard servers. For now, I'd continue to report toxic players on PBE so we can utilize the data retroactively.

We'll be posting more in the PBE forums about this initiative in the near future.

This addition to the highlighted implies that they will be taking into account the standard of your active account, AND your PBE services; not a monetary constraint.

Reset Kingg

01-28-2013

Quote:
XenGaming:
I can agree with this portion to a sense, if you look at only the highlighted statement. His addition of

This addition to the highlighted implies that they will be taking into account the standard of your active account, AND your PBE services; not a monetary constraint.

I dunno, his statement overall just seems a tad unclear now that I've looked through it closer, I skim read too much probably.
Certainly forcing the PBE to have a small surcharge or require a main account with purchases would add some constraint to how much toxic play would be on the server. Hopefully it isn't a true premium server, but as you say simply a server requiring more prerequisites, which I could support, unlike one with a monetary constraint, which I would in no way back, with money or praise.

Redwind5527

01-28-2013

i just had a game were a teemo said in all chat thats hes never played league before and a friend gave him the account :/ it was the saddest game ive ever been in we got 50 kills they had 13 plz riot lvl 30+ only omg D: ...

Lootzifer

01-28-2013

Gamers really have a serious issue with all or nothing mentality. Making it 30s only who haven't been banned wouldn't fix all the problems, but it would fix some of them. It wouldn't create new problems, but it would fix some of the major issues.

Also, if you think it shouldn't be limited to people who havent been banned and are level 30, just so you can play, PBE isn't about you having fun on the side, the whole point is to fix issues before they come in. Maybe you can even contact support and ask tht ban to be forgiven and make an account, if you reallly want to help with bugs. I personally don't like to see op champ releases, so i play pbe and report OP champs, or UP champs, to keep live fun. Good examples would be PBE Rengar ( level 1 instagibs), PBE Vi ( ult had a 1.5 second supress, and applied her W).

Dovah

01-28-2013

Quote:
ModeOmega:
What do you mean by premium?

Premium wont cost money, as someone said above me. Why would we have to pay to test features for them? That makes no sense at all.

what they mean by premium is that they hold the members on this server to a higher level of standards when it comes to player behavior. This means that punishment is VERY likely to happen to players who are creating a bad experience on this server, and the punishment is likely much more harsh than it would be on the regular servers.

Rubixtreme

01-28-2013

Quote:
Eternal Demøn:
Toxic is when a 0/13/0 Fiora AD carry calls everyone in the team "noobs" atleast 50 times when shes the worse.

Problem with PBE is simple. People think the reports don't ban the players so they just leave it there. Plus, the toxic players think they are invincible because they "know' they wouldnt get banned by reports. Riot needs to let them know they can get banned. Toxic players just give it a good laugh and answer with: "Banned on PBE? " - If level 30 accounts would be linked, they would just shut the **** up and play the game like it is intented to be. Now all they do is complain here and there.

If you think so, you are wrong. Riot bans poorly behavior-ed summoners in PBE and will trace their main account in the MAIN server and ban those as well. But of course, it depends on the level of "toxicness" and "troll-ness".

Eternal Demøn

01-28-2013

Quote:
Rubixtreme:
If you think so, you are wrong. Riot bans poorly behavior-ed summoners in PBE and will trace their main account in the MAIN server and ban those as well. But of course, it depends on the level of "toxicness" and "troll-ness".

Link me to referance.