Rod of Ages and Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

I love the item, and quite a few champions can benefit from all the stats that this item gives. But the only problem I have with it is that it takes too long to reach its' full potential. Would it be balanced if there was an item that builds from Catalyst the Protector, also works with the niche of "tanky/mana-heavy/AP" was made to substitute RoA on Dominon and TT? The catch is that it gives less overall stats, but is a cheaper buy and charges up much faster?

The charge up could be either +charge on assist/kill, or it could be +charge on level up.

Possible idea for this item could be something like:

+ 400 Health
+ 400 Mana
+ 50 Ability Power

Unique Passive Valor's Reward: On leveling up, restores 150 health and 200 mana over 8 seconds.
Unique Passive: Gain 15 HP, 1.5 AP, 15 Mana permanently every time you gain a kill or an assist (maximum of 10 stacks)

2500G

The numbers could be played around, but I think this item could be quite useful on many characters. What do you guys think?

konfetarius

01-27-2013

No, less stats is a bad idea. The item is only worth it because it has good stats for slot and cost.

Archeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
No, less stats is a bad idea. The item is only worth it because it has good stats for slot and cost.
The numbers could be moved around easily.

HaIfhearted

01-27-2013

Honestly, RoA would probably still be perfectly balanced if it gave full stacks the moment you got it.
In its current incarnation its basically a Rylais without the slow passive but which gives mana.

I see no reason for RoA to need to charge stacks in Dominion. It's only ever bought on extremely mana-hungry mages to begin with.

FreeGothitelle

01-27-2013

Just half the stack time
If it reached full stacks in 5 mins it would be a lot better imo.

Ralfazar

01-27-2013

That or, give it the stack building mechanic of the old warmogs, minions/champ kills/assists, of course you would need to increase the stack size so it isn't maxed in no time.

Orphane

01-28-2013

I was under the impression that Nome was still planning to put through a faster-charging ROA on Dominion; he just hadn't gotten around to squeezing it into a patch yet since they've only done one since the holidays.