Getting better at school?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrthrei

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTRAN 77 View Post
Well, this whole thread consists of people telling you obviously helpful things that you won't actually do, so I figured I'd join in and do the same.
A second free bump?
Youre too kind.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

You get good math grades by doing all the homework and practicing getting the correct answer, not just reading about how to do the problems.

Edit: Typo.

Myrthrei

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
You get good math grades by doing all the homework and practicing getting the correct answer, not just reading about how to the problems.
So like...i would go over it after school?

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsasinOfTheNite View Post
So like...i would go over it after school?
Are you doing all the homework and getting the problems correct? Are you making sure you know how to do the problems that you get wrong? If you get problems wrong, find out where you made the mistake. If the mistake isn't a simple arithmetic mistake, then you need to keep practicing on those types of problems. If necessary, do some that aren't assigned and ask your teacher to check how you did.

If you can't figure out why you got certain problems wrong or can't figure out how to do them, ask your teacher for help. Its that simple.

Myrthrei

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
Are you doing all the homework and getting the problems correct? Are you making sure you know how to do the problems that you get wrong? If you get problems wrong, find out where you made the mistake. If the mistake isn't a simple arithmetic mistake, then you need to keep practicing on those types of problems. If necessary, do some that aren't assigned and ask your teacher to check how you did.

If you can't figure out why you got certain problems wrong or can't figure out how to do them, ask your teacher for help. Its that simple.
I think most of my problem comes.from i make really stupid adding/multiplying kistakes in the tests,and i never have time to go iber my tests before i hand them in so i get marked off for the stupidest things.

AK47WOLF

01-27-2013

Considering your good grades in the other conceptual classes, there's not reason why you should not have a good grade in Bio, it's a 100% conceptual class. Just do the homework if you aren't.

Math is a whole different ball game.

TheCowness

01-27-2013

Figure out how you learn. For example, it goes in one ear and out the other if I'm just listening to a teacher lecture, especially if I'm not personally writing notes as I listen. I always learn best by using and applying the material, by working problems and doing homework.

Once in college I got a B in a chemistry lab, but an F in the lecture, even though you only needed like a 29% to pass the lecture. The lab was all work, which is how I learn, but the lecture was just three exams with no homework, and I downloaded the provided PowerPoint slides instead of writing my own notes, and didn't study properly on my own time. I should've sat down with the book and worked some problems every night, but I didn't, so I failed.