Pick one

Microbiology/genetics 15 78.95%
Psychology 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

microbiology/genetics vs psychology

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Please Date Me

01-27-2013

Which one is the true science?

rumples

01-27-2013

psych is a soft science

Cutty Wise

01-27-2013

lol psychology doesn't even count as science

EDIT: strangely enough, i used to live with two guys i went to uni with: one did biomolecular science and genetics and the other did psychology.

i can tell you, one of those degrees was a total walk in the park and one wasn't -- i'll let you guess which

EDIT 2: i'm not literally saying psychology isn't a science, it's just a joke of a degree which in my university is filled to 4x over capacity and completely watered down so all of those idiots can pass

InfiniteVoid316

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-27-2013

It depends what you mean by 'science'. If you see science as establishing relationships between things by means of analyzing data, then both of those would be considered science.

But, if you see science as an attempt to gain understanding about the real world, that is called physics.

ShadowRaiki

01-27-2013

Physics

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

How is this even a question?

CBK Godfather

01-27-2013

Lol Psychology isn't a science? You obviously never went higher than Psych 101. Psychologists use the same methods to test hypotheses as researchers do in fields like microbiology, biochemistry, etc. Psychology is a fairly new field of study, with a lot of advancements only occurring in the past century or two. Conversely, microbiology has been around for 4-5 centuries, starting with van Leeuwenhoek, so much more research has obviously been done in that field.

Personally I think both have tremendous reasons to be researched. Obviously, genetics and microbiology can lead to dramatic breakthroughs in fields like medicine, vet tech, and agriculture. Psychology can help us understand things like motivation, perception, and it even ventures into fields like artificial intelligence.

This all coming from a Psychology/Microbiology double major though

Inv1cted

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerstud25 View Post
This all coming from a Psychology/Microbiology double major though
Why would you do that? How can you do that? There's so little crossover topics other then math and stat how do you fit two totally different majors into 240 units?

Just by the by as a micro honours student. Psych is a soft science not because of the subject matter but rather we don't understand the brain at all hence even with application of the scientific method and through testing you can only really guess at correlations then present solid theories.