I suffer from social anxiety and schizoid personality disorder..don't know what to do

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobagoh

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
You've implied this in the past and have done it lot. One of the reasons I deleted you.
you aren't that much better about things.

Sailor Cosmos

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
you aren't that much better about things.
That's because it's you.

Dobagoh

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
That's because it's you.
good one.

TheCowness

01-27-2013

This topic is, uh, getting off-topic it seems (But I guess it's the off-topic forum?).

But on-topic, I'd suggest applying to a different college where you can take all of your courses online or in smaller classrooms. I wouldn't give up on college because of something like this. It's definitely an option in this day and age for you to continue your education despite this, and I recommend doing so.

You didn't really say much else in regard to what you're studying or how much college you've already got under your belt, but if I can assume this is your first Spring since kindergarten where you aren't going to school, you might want to take this semester to take some time off and make sure of which field you want to go into and what career you're aiming for anyway, especially considering your condition. I realized last Spring that I'd never fully considered very many career paths, and took a semester off to think about what I was doing and it was really insightful. It's good that you're asking these questions and thinking about your options.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

I'm pretty much in the exact same situation. Being in class would cause me to have panic attacks/induce stress that exacerbated all of my other symptoms. Now I can't get financial aid or afford online classes or anything and I owe thousands in student loans that I've already spent my entire life's savings on.

I turned to Job Corps to try to get job training/help developing my social skills to the point that I could function in a work place, but I just got a letter saying due to cuts to the program I no longer qualify and my months of waiting to be enrolled for that have gone down the drain.

I was pretty much crying the entire day that I got the news, but my medications do a pretty good job at dampening my emotions.

Worries of having to become homeless, killing myself (which always just gets me more depressed because I always come to the conclusion that I'm too big of a ***** and would fail at that like I have everything else), and the burden my state puts on my family just makes me feel worse about the situation.

I'm going to contact my uncle about getting a job tomorrow, but it is extremely hard to find anything entry level for those without schooling/training that isn't services related and whenever I have to deal with people in those kinds of situation I'm easily triggered to having a panic attack or a state where I'm focusing so hard on controlling my anxiety that responding to anything outside of yes or no question brings me to hysterics.

Even in controlled situations with a psychologist doing something as simple as trying to roleplay a social interaction causes the same reaction. It has been recommended to me that I try to get disability, but even thinking about that makes me feel like ****.

I don't suffer from schizoid personality disorder though, sometimes I wish I did though. It would be nice to be content with not having social interactions that people deem "normal", but I still hold those desires and my inability to have them just contribute to my depression.

msylcatac

01-28-2013

guys... smoke weed. lol. no seriously smoke a joint then see if the problem persists. 90% of the chance u wont even notice the other people. and youll be focused on whatever u need to be. who knows it might even fix it like in some other cases.

Reconsul

01-28-2013

Act like you don't have them OP.

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by msylcatac View Post
guys... smoke weed. lol. no seriously smoke a joint then see if the problem persists. 90% of the chance u wont even notice the other people. and youll be focused on whatever u need to be. who knows it might even fix it like in some other cases.
Funny thing is it has the opposite effect on me.

When I get high, I get nervous about being around people.

A couple of times it's kept me from going into the Mexican restaurant in town.