I suffer from social anxiety and schizoid personality disorder..don't know what to do

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Go to an exposure therapist and work through your mental disorders. It will be tough, but it will benefit you in the long run.

You could also try looking into a college that will allow you to take courses online so that you wouldn't need to go to classes in person.

I would still look into the exposure therapy bit.

Quision

01-27-2013

Therapist

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Become a CS major

Umbasa

01-27-2013

cout << "****k you bro" << endl;

Dobagoh

01-27-2013

get engineering degree and get job where i work...i don't have to talk to anyone, ever, except to my boss for about 1 hr every two weeks.

UrsaMinor

01-27-2013

Medication won't be a complete fix for the problem. It will also come with some pretty bad side-effects that will inhibit you in some way. Research the drugs you take and never suddenly quit taking them (there's some pretty nasty withdrawal symptoms with psychological meds).

All I can say is explore your options. See a psychologist/therapist. Try new things. Live life how you want to live it and don't let society's judgement bring you down. If you have to become a hermit to be happy, embrace that fact.

Sailor Cosmos

01-27-2013

Never give up. If you fail, try again. Don't ever accept seclusion as the answer, because you will never be truly happy with this option, no matter how much you delude yourself with this idea. The most you will get from this option is a comfortable laziness, with no redeeming rewards.

There are numerous options and treatments; they require lots of work on your part, but you will be greatly rewarded. You can do it, I belief in you. OuO

Mighty Nooblord

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
Never give up. If you fail, try again. Don't ever accept seclusion as the answer, because you will never be truly happy with this option, no matter how much you delude yourself with this idea. The most you will get from this option is a comfortable laziness, with no redeeming rewards.

There are numerous options and treatments, but they require lots of work on your part. You can do it, I belief in you. OuO
Hi! Could you please tell me where does the name Dobabyarms come from? <3

Sailor Cosmos

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Nooblord View Post
Hi! Could you please tell me where does the name Dobabyarms come from? <3
lol He sent me a picture of himself (shirtless) flexing his arms and I teased him by calling them baby arms.

Dobagoh + baby arms = Dobabyarms

Dobagoh

01-27-2013

It was a picture of my arm (+shoulder)