I suffer from social anxiety and schizoid personality disorder..don't know what to do

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fat Mchugelarge

01-27-2013

Due to my "illness", I had no choice but to drop out of college this early in the semester, because most of colleges my classes had to many people in them. There was no way I would be able to concentrate or do any of the work.

I just want some ideas on what I can do now? I can't join the army or even a job like fast food because they require too much social interaction. Either I do get a job that has a low amount of social interaction or I'm going to have to be homeless, because I really don't want to depend on my mother just to live.

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

1. Man the **** up

or

2. Take some medication

It's not really that complicated.

Mighty Nooblord

01-27-2013

Are you currently seeing a psychiatrist?

Fujiou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

I've heard excellent things about beta blockers when it comes to easing anxiety.

Also, have you ever held a job working with people? I used to have pretty bad social anxiety, but unless it's truly crippling, exposure therapy can do wonders.

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiou View Post
I've heard excellent things about beta blockers when it comes to easing anxiety.

Also, have you ever held a job working with people? I used to have pretty bad social anxiety, but unless it's truly crippling, exposure therapy can do wonders.

nine years of not leaving my house here, my legitimate advice is getting a job again and again until it goes away man. Good luck.

IS1281a2aa64f651d96c2ca

01-27-2013

Yeah, you're pretty much screwed dude. You need some hard drugs to fix you up.

Folly Inc

01-27-2013

the best fix is to change the way you view the world. Easier said then done, but it's possible through extreme change.

Burn down your house. Give yourself no other option than to be social. Make yourself interpret human interaction as something other than what you interpret it as. If you want a dramatic change in the way you function, you have to dramatically change.

214C Jin

01-27-2013

**** *****es

Fujiou

01-27-2013

Hypnosis can be helpful too.

Oystersauce

01-27-2013

Play udyr

12345 ... 6