Jayce builds?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

just build raw AD on the guy and be sure to pick up lucidity boots instead of greaves and get brutalizer early for lane dominance and more CDR.

All Jayce needs for AS is his W+CDR; he can rely on his skills and pasives to keep his DPS up until W comes back off of CD.

Regular ADC players will probably find this style weird and odd, but it really does work.

Super Explosion

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephrux View Post
The thing is, Jayce's hammer W passive is only activated if you can actually land melee auto attacks on creeps without taking punishment from the enemy laner
J
ayce has really strong potential with spellblade, even stronger than corki imo because he has 8 abilities that can proc it, while corki only has 4, even if they are on a larger cool down.
IMO rushing cleaver during laning phase isn't good because its percent armour, and most champs wont have above around 80 or so armour top, unless its a malphite or chogath who is stacking armour.

Phage is good because while poking at your opponent in ranged form, you can land like two more auto attacks off if you get a proc and then possibily comboing it into a range QE into a hammer QE then backing off.
Man, Corki does not only have 4 Spellblade triggers-- look at his R.

It's not just the Armorpen passive on Cleaver you want, it's the buildpath.

Brutalizer is tons of damage because it gives faster AD and enough pen to push through base armor. (Not to mention toplaner runes.)

Then you use that damage to really trade hard and disengage with Hammer E.

You should always be able to land Hammer attacks without getting punished because most toplaners are Melee, and you have E.

If you can't farm in melee toplane, I'm not sure what to say.

Right, so then after the initial destruction Brutalizer gives, you can safely complete Black Cleaver for double the Brutalizer AD and as much health as Triforce.

Solidly making sure not only to scale your own damage, but that of all your AD teammates, by making every bit of armor the enemy buys more costly for them. (Even their choice of Armor runes/masteries.)

Think about it, is 200 mana worth 10 AD when it comes to killing a target on Jayce?

Black Cleaver it literally all murder. Who needs a slow chance when they're already dead?

DeathByWaffle

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Man, Corki does not only have 4 Spellblade triggers-- look at his R.

It's not just the Armorpen passive on cleaver you want, it's the buildpath.

Brutalizer is tons of damage because it gives faster AD and enough pen to push through base armor. (Not to mention toplaner runes.)

Then you use that damage to really trade hard and disengage with Hammer E.

You should always be able to land Hammer attacks without getting punished because most toplaners are Melee, and you have E.

If you can't farm in melee toplane, I'm not sure what to say.

Right, so then after the initial destruction Brutalizer gives, you can safely complete Black Cleaver for double the Brutalizer AD and as much health as Triforce.

Solidly making sure not only to scale your own damage, but that of all your AD teammates, by making every bit of armor the enemy buys more costly for them. (Even their choice of Armor runes/masteries.)

Think about it, is 200 mana worth 10 AD when it comes to killing a target on Jayce?

Black Cleaver it literally all murder. Who needs a slow chance when they're already dead?
Jayce's accelerated Q's damage only really becomes ineffective once the enemy hits 150 armor so you don't need that much armor pen. At that point you should have finished leveling Q and moved on to leveling E so you'll be doing a lot of mixed damage. Besides that, you can also just shred it with your R, which also gives you a hefty magic damage on your first hammer strike. This shred also benefits your teammates, both AP and AD.

Jayce is basically immune to harass not because he has a knockback, but because he has a knockback AND a ranged form. If he farms in hammer mode, it is ridiculously easy to harass him. Ranged heroes will just poke at him. Champions with gap closers will walk up to him, get knocked back, and then just close the gap to punish him. Champions with burst damage will just burst him and then let themselves get knocked back. With this last one, if you don't level your E, then you won't even have done any damage to them when you did that so basically they got free damage on you.

And yes, 200 mana IS worth giving up 10 AD. 10 AD will hardly make a difference, but 200 mana lets you pull your combo more often before going oom.

Slow chance is important because it can guarantee kills. Straight damage only does so much. They can escape from just black cleaver. It's hard to escape from triforce.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Heh, this is funny, I was just thinking of making a thread asking if Jayce was still any good or not. I haven't seem him in forever.

Part of the reason I wanted to ask is that I'm kind of thinking of picking him up. My current go-to bruiser is J4 but I feel like he has a lot of funny matchups, so I kind of want to play another bruiser or two just to round out my options, especially for top lane.

What kind of champs does Jayce do well against, and what champions do you need to be really experienced with Jayce or significantly better than to be able to beat then?

DeathByWaffle

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
Heh, this is funny, I was just thinking of making a thread asking if Jayce was still any good or not. I haven't seem him in forever.

Part of the reason I wanted to ask is that I'm kind of thinking of picking him up. My current go-to bruiser is J4 but I feel like he has a lot of funny matchups, so I kind of want to play another bruiser or two just to round out my options, especially for top lane.

What kind of champs does Jayce do well against, and what champions do you need to be really experienced with Jayce or significantly better than to be able to beat then?
Provided you're good enough and know what to do, Jayce can do well vs anyone. It's why I like Jayce. If you're lost the lane, it just means you're not good enough at Jayce.

WarlordAlpha

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByWaffle View Post
Provided you're good enough and know what to do, Jayce can do well vs anyone. It's why I like Jayce. If you're lost the lane, it just means you're not good enough at Jayce.
How difficult is he to pick up? I'm used to combo-based champions, but is learning him an absolute nightmare? Like, does one mistake mean you're basically screwed, or does it just mean you missed an opportunity? I guess you could say, how forgiving is he?

DeathByWaffle

01-27-2013

Quote:
How difficult is he to pick up? I'm used to combo-based champions, but is learning him an absolute nightmare? Like, does one mistake mean you're basically screwed, or does it just mean you missed an opportunity?
The most important thing to learn is to land your skill shot properly. Beyond that, it's not too hard to pick up Jayce. However, that doesn't mean you'll be able to do well with Jayce just like that. A bad Jayce is easy to beat. A good Jayce is like watching poetry in motion.

Oh, and as the mistakes, it can be either one. If it's just a missed shock blast it may not be a big deal. Too many of it, however, will make you lose the lane. Knowing when to go in or not is also important. Go in with your full combo when their jungler is nearby and you have no tools to escape with.

WarlordAlpha

01-27-2013

Quote:
The most important thing to learn is to land your skill shot properly. Beyond that, it's not too hard to pick up Jayce. However, that doesn't mean you'll be able to do well with Jayce just like that. A bad Jayce is easy to beat. A good Jayce is like watching poetry in motion.

Oh, and as the mistakes, it can be either one. If it's just a missed shock blast it may not be a big deal. Too many of it, however, will make you lose the lane. Knowing when to go in or not is also important. Go in with your full combo when their jungler is nearby and you have no tools to escape with.
All right, that's good to know. I have a metric ass-ton of IP laying around, I think I'll try him out this week.

One more question then I'll stop pestering you: Do you have any videos or guides around? I saw your build earlier (read the entire thread) but I'd be interested to see you play.

DeathByWaffle

01-27-2013

Quote:
All right, that's good to know. I have a metric ass-ton of IP laying around, I think I'll try him out this week.

One more question then I'll stop pestering you: Do you have any videos or guides around? I saw your build earlier (read the entire thread) but I'd be interested to see you play.
Nope. I once tried to set up a stream. The stream was too laggy so I just gave up. You can always just add me and then spectate me when I play Jayce.

WarlordAlpha

01-27-2013

Quote:
Nope. I once tried to set up a stream. The stream was too laggy so I just gave up. You can always just add me and then spectate me when I play Jayce.
Aight, thanks!