Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Jayce builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sky Surge I

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Waffle, I checked on lolking and u always build triforce I feel that is the best to try first so is that top lane? And which champs counter jayce hard? Thanks in advance


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guinsoo

Recruiter

01-27-2013

Quote:
iShadowHeart:
Question: Would SoTD be good on Jayce paired with his W in cannon form?


It's really high burst. W - 3 attacks - SotD - 3 attacks - W - 3 attacks hits super hard. You need to have uninhibited attack time though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Sky Surge I:
Waffle, I checked on lolking and u always build triforce I feel that is the best to try first so is that top lane? And which champs counter jayce hard? Thanks in advance


I wrote my exact build on page 3, right below Guinsoo's post. And yes, that's top lane Jayce. Although, I still buy Triforce first even if I go mid Jayce. Champions that counter Jayce? To be honest, none really. Provided you're good enough, it's possible to win ANY match up as Jayce. Yorick is probably the hardest match up though. I found that throwing a flask in my build really helped out though vs Yorick. Jax is scary if he gets ahead of you, but it's possible to beat him too. Elise is tricky cuz her stun can interrupt your hammer portion of the combo, but she's beatable too.

I often use Rengar as my go to champion to counter jayce. If you dodge the skill shots you can out dps him with the double Q. This is especially true since Jayce will often knock you back right away so it's important to unload your damage as fast as possible, something burst champs excel at.

Countering Jayce just really comes down to dodging the accelerated shock blasts honestly and then punishing him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sky Surge I

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Thanks for all the help


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Guinsoo:
Yeah I usually max Q > W > E > R. Ignoring all points in R until the end.


Yep, this basically works for every lane-- dat waveclear.

For toplane, you usually farm, potentially trade with a hammer form combo, and wait for a gank to all-in the opponent.

Cleaver->Tankiness (Sunfire) can be very effective.

BT rush usually isn't too good (toplane, without a support or the like) because squishies are reasonably counterable.

I believe Dyrus played a lot of Jayce to carry up to his current elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
Yep, this basically works for every lane-- dat waveclear.

For toplane, you usually farm, potentially trade with a hammer form combo, and wait for a gank to all-in the opponent.

Cleaver->Tankiness (Sunfire) can be very effective.

BT rush usually isn't too good (toplane, without a support or the like) because squishies are reasonably counterable.

I believe Dyrus played a lot of Jayce to carry up to his current elo.


Just checked. He played 39 matches as Jayce, so it's a fair amount.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
DeathByWaffle:
Just checked. He played 39 matches as Jayce, so it's a fair amount.


If I recall, he pushed out pretty much only Jayce games for the initial carry.

A fed Jayce tends to be a giant snowball with sharp ice spikes from toplane.

You should try him in Dominion, too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
If I recall, he pushed out pretty much only Jayce games for the initial carry.

A fed Jayce tends to be a giant snowball with sharp ice spikes from toplane.

You should try him in Dominion, too.


I pretty much ONLY play Jayce. It's why the number of Jayce games I have for ranked is far higher than my second most played champion (109 to 24)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
DeathByWaffle:
I pretty much ONLY play Jayce. It's why the number of Jayce games I have for ranked is far higher than my second most played champion (109 to 24)


Why you no try Cleaver->Sunfire then?

Feel the metagolem coursing through you!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
Why you no try Cleaver->Sunfire then?

Feel the metagolem coursing through you!


It is my belief that Triforce is the superior item for Jayce. It synergizes far too well with Jayce to give up.