Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Jayce builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guinsoo

Recruiter

01-27-2013

Quote:
Dextii:
I heard Jayce falls off late game though, but this is a different build so I could be wrong


For Top lane Jayce is Trinity Force still good on him or is it better replaced by a different item?


I actually don't play Jayce top much. I find that as a poke based champion he struggles against some of the all-in types that go top. You can always play passive against bad matchups but I think mid gives him much better matchups.

If you build him my way, he doesn't fall off lategame. But he's squishy like an ADC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beauneaux

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Guinsoo:
I actually don't play Jayce top much. I find that as a poke based champion he struggles against some of the all-in types that go top. You can always play passive against bad matchups but I think mid gives him much better matchups.

If you build him my way, he doesn't fall off lategame. But he's squishy like an ADC.



I feel jayce works against all-in types because of his hammer E being such a good disengage

just my two cents


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slippery Fat Man

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Guinsoo:
DeathbyWaffle's post is informative and good stuff. I usually build Jayce ADC style, because I usually play him mid or ADC positions. I don't feel this gives Jayce a weak midgame - maybe weaker in comparison to Trinity Force builds. My end game build is always the first four items plus a couple that change aroung depending on circumstances:

Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver
Warmog's Armor
Infinity Edge if they're low on armor or Last Whisper if they're high on armor.
Zephyr if they have a lot of CC or Phantom Dancer if they don't.

Other items I occasionally buy:
Sword of the Divine if I'm getting to DPS on squishies a lot and they have low armor
Guardian Angel if I'm dying a lot.

This is definitely a fairly squishy Jayce but you become equal in damage output to most AD carries by lategame. In this build I stay in ranged stance most of the time, only going into melee stance in battles to finish off opponents or peel for an ally or myself. I'm pretty sure Jayce's W on a 3.6 sec CD is the strongest steroid in the game. I could be wrong but it sure feels like it.



Guinsoo is ****ing alive. What is this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Guinsoo:
I actually don't play Jayce top much. I find that as a poke based champion he struggles against some of the all-in types that go top. You can always play passive against bad matchups but I think mid gives him much better matchups.

If you build him my way, he doesn't fall off lategame. But he's squishy like an ADC.


I disagree. I believe it's because Jayce is a poke based champ with superb disengage that he's good vs all in champions. By whittling down the enemy, Jayce can prevent them from really going all in on you lest they be killed. Prevent all in champions from going all in, and you can really just dominate the flow of the lane and even the game.

In fact, I argue that mid is in some sense actually harder for Jayce because of how it's harder to get good angles for your shock blasts as well as the fact that most mid champions can just farm with spells rather easily. The flip side is most mid champs usually have really crappy armor, so you can really chunk them hard. :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slippery Fat Man

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
DeathByWaffle:
I disagree. I believe it's because Jayce is a poke based champ with superb disengage that he's good vs all in champions. By whittling down the enemy, Jayce can prevent them from really going all in on you lest they be killed. Prevent all in champions from going all in, and you can really just dominate the flow of the lane and even the game.

In fact, I argue that mid is in some sense actually harder for Jayce because of how it's harder to get good angles for your shock blasts as well as the fact that most mid champions can just farm with spells rather easily. The flip side is most mid champs usually have really crappy armor, so you can really chunk them hard. :P


****in waffle stream snipin livingston. No worries. I like your Jayce.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Slippery Fat Man:
****in waffle stream snipin livingston. No worries. I like your Jayce.


To be fair, I only did it twice. First two times was coincidence. I was just doing a lot of ranked and we happened to queue at the same time two times in a row. Then I wanted to get trollsy and sniped him.

No worries though. I stopped doing that since then.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slippery Fat Man

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
DeathByWaffle:
To be fair, I only did it twice. First two times was coincidence. I was just doing a lot of ranked and we happened to queue at the same time two times in a row. Then I wanted to get trollsy and sniped him.

No worries though. I stopped doing that since then.



It's ok man. It isn't my elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
Slippery Fat Man:
It's ok man. It isn't my elo.


Lol. He was so mad. Thought he was gonna remove me from the friend list lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iShadowHeart

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Question: Would SoTD be good on Jayce paired with his W in cannon form?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathByWaffle

Senior Member

01-27-2013

Quote:
iShadowHeart:
Question: Would SoTD be good on Jayce paired with his W in cannon form?


Yes. It's somewhat similar to Rengar's SotD double Q honestly.