Honest question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Martyrofsand

01-27-2013

What is Nidalee's weakness/trade offs? I really can't seem to find any as AP or bruiser she does a ton of damage in kitty form, and as AP her spears and heals are insane, in addition to still having high damage in kitty. On top of that she has some of if not the best mobility in the game. Honestly I'm scratching my head because the only time I've seen nid not destroy entire teams in games is when she is played terribly.

DarksideEric

01-27-2013

AP Nid has little damage outside of a single skill, slow moving skill shot.

Ask a harder question next time.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-27-2013

She needs AP for ranged abilities
She needs AD for melee and aa
The cat has no range
she is squishy with no reliable CC and is the ideal assassin target

Her AP contributes to fights once every 6 seconds and she can heal some... but for the most part she doesnt do much with it. sure she takes half your hp with one shot but thats about her limit. Sona taric and soraka can all manage to take half your hp. if you panic and run from her not only will she do more damage you will miss your chance to kill her since she actually doesnt have great damage.

Martyrofsand

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksideEric View Post
AP Nid has little damage outside of a single skill, slow moving skill shot.

Ask a harder question next time.

Really because I just had an AP nid in cat form take me from 80% hp to 0 with one skill rotation, no spears. Scaling health damage in cat form disagrees with you're statement big time.

Quote:
She needs AP for ranged abilities
She needs AD for melee and aa
The cat has no range
she is squishy with no reliable CC and is the ideal assassin target

Ideal assuming you can actually get to her. Considering she has better mobility than everyone in the game that seems extremely unlikely unless she goes herpderp with her positioning.

As I said above scaling health damage means even with AP her kitty form ability still do plenty of damage when she is ready to go in. It isn't uncommon to see a nid land 1 spear and then jump with in cat form and you're dead.

Also both pounce and swipe scale off of AP meaning she does still benefit plenty from AP in cat form. Her only AD scaling ability in cat form is takedown.

DarksideEric

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredMesa View Post
Really because I just had an AP nid in cat form take me from 80% hp to 0 with one skill rotation, no spears. Scaling health damage in cat form disagrees with you're statement big time.
I like to take note of your lack of factual back up you have for your argument. Namely the Champion you were, your item build, the Nid's item build, etc, etc.

And forgive me, I used the incorrect argument. So used to seeing nothing more than "omg AP Spear OP!" arguments.

AP gets lots of damage, but aside from the Spear she is required to get in close. If she's in close, as AP, she's squishy as hell.

Martyrofsand

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksideEric View Post
I like to take note of your lack of factual back up you have for your argument. Namely the Champion you were, your item build, the Nid's item build, etc, etc.

And forgive me, I used the incorrect argument. So used to seeing nothing more than "omg AP Spear OP!" arguments.

AP gets lots of damage, but aside from the Spear she is required to get in close. If she's in close, as AP, she's squishy as hell.

I was Hecarum with Spirit of the Ancient golemn, merc treads, and a Philo stone, she had rushed her Deathcap.

At the time with runes and masteries I was sitting at around a total health of 2kish and around 70ish magic resist.

The fight basicly went with me ulting on top of her and poped my W and started AA and Qing her, as soon as my fear broke she pounced me, following it up with swipe and then takedown, maybe an AA or two and I was dead.

It isn't just Hecarum I've had this happen to me on. I've had it happen as Shyvana, Ahri, Lee Sin, Mordekaiser, Nocturne, etc etc The burst is pretty damn consistant and her being squishy doesn't really matter when she blows you up, and with both Swipe and Pounce being AoE she can dish out a ton of AoE damage in team fights after her spear poke if need be. With her mobility it really isn't difficult for her to get out of a fight even if she does commit to it pretty hard.

And as I said this is an honest question not a "ZOMG OP" thread. I'm really trying to figure out wtf to do against her because over and over again I've seen good nids do everything from split push while poking down a team if they chase her, to jumping into the middle of team fights and blowing people up just to jump back out of it when low heal up and then repeat. I've almost gotten to the point of throwing my hands up the air and really learning her just because how insane she always seems to be.

So far the only success I've had against her as AP has been to play Galio at which point it's just a farm lane, and comes down to landing my ult in team fights. Even then it comes down more to beating her team than her.

catalyst1c

01-27-2013

just get lich bane for cat to do more dmg for ap

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-27-2013

hp pots do double work if she wants to
spear > cougar
if its not immediate