ARAM: One champion re-roll? Random but have 1 ADC, 1 APC, 1 Tank, and 1 Support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CowMeat

01-27-2013

Idea 1: Each player has one chance to re-randomize their champion.

Example A: I get Pantheon. Don't like Pantheon. Re-roll. Get Trydamere. Don't like Trydamere more. I Am screwed and forced to play Trydamere.

Example B: Get Viktor. Don't like Viktor. Re-roll. Get Master Yi. Am happy, play Yi.

I think this would work well with dodge penalties.

Idea 2: Player champs are random, but each team must have one ranged attack damage champ, one ability power carry, one tank, and one support.

This idea would create less randomness, but assure more even team compositions.

What do you guys think?

FDru

01-27-2013

Nobody is forcing anybody to play ARAM, so the solution is for players who don't want ARAM to stop joining ARAM games.

ZyniX69

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Nobody is forcing anybody to play ARAM, so the solution is for players who don't want ARAM to stop joining ARAM games.
Wow that solves everything.

Look ARAM is really fun but sometimes I just get sick of playing the same champion over and over again when it is supposed to be random. What harm is one reroll.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

so what you're saying basically is that you don't like aram?

CowMeat

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
so what you're saying basically is that you don't like aram?
I like Proving Ground. And I like ARAM. Except for the 20% of games where the teams are grossly uneven.

IE all melee bruisers without long range poke versus 2 ADCs, 1 APC, 1 Support and 1 Tank with good CC.

Zielmann

01-27-2013

Well, you can't force a team comp, because there is no ideal team comp for ARAM. If you forced the 'balanced' team comp as you propose then some of the most fun ARAM games would be impossible to have happen. Not to mention that some champions would have to count for multiple roles, so you can't even surely count them as one thing or another.

For instance, I just played on where the teams were Mundo, Kat, Olaf, Ire, Shen vs. Nami, Sej, Warwick, Taric, Wukong. I lost, but it was a fairly long and close game the entire time.

But I'm generally in the "It's ARAM, accept the random" camp. I'll pretty inherently be against forced team comps or champion re-rolls.

Shirahago

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMeat View Post
Idea 2: Player champs are random, but each team must have one ranged attack damage champ, one ability power carry, one tank, and one support.

This idea would create less randomness, but assure more even team compositions.

What do you guys think?
But that already exists. It's called playing on Summoner's Rift.

Stew514

01-28-2013

I disagree completely my favorite part about Proving Grounds is that it's typically not the Meta.

Coccyx420

01-28-2013

I just hate getting set up against over powered teams where you know which team is going to win.

Either because of excessive CC's, tremendous pokes with good tank support vs no pokes, all melee.

If it was excessive CC's vs champs with good pokes, either team has a chance. But some matches you know it's going to be hell and not worth playing if you aren't gonna have any fun getting raped.

Perhaps not add 1 ad 1 ap 1 tank etc, but instead seperate champs into beefy vs not beefy and pokes vs non pokes, adding chances of each team getting 2-4 pokes and 1-3 beefy champs.

Anyone can be beefy, but can they be useful while beefy? Will a beefy malzahar be better than a beefy katarina? or a beefy ziggs?

Beefy would be Alistar, Jarvan, Riven, even Talon can be beefy and still extremely useful

Zielmann

01-28-2013

Beefy and 'has poke' are not opposite things. Talon's poke is fairly short range, so it's generally not that safe. But I'd hardly consider him to be beefy. Jarvan and Riven can both viably go hard AD. Where's the beef in that?

Ali is the only thing in the game that could be considered unwaveringly beefy, and I maintain that that's solely because he's a freaking cow.

Like I said before. You either accept, and possibly even embrace, ARAM for what it is, or you don't. Some matches will be more difficult than others due to the random nature of the game, yes. But that's just part of the game.