Does Anyone Else Think Nautilus Could Use a Buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hesphestus

01-27-2013

I find many of his abilities too underwhelming. Nautilus has very low base movement speed, and his only mobility spell which is essential to ganking and escaping is horrible. The cast animation is slow the range is short and the projectile hit-box is too large to allow any precise aiming. Nautilus doesn't even get pulled the full range stopping short of the intended target.

Nautilus's full kit only provides a brief stun on an enemy - even less if dredge line isn't landed - and his high cool downs leave him vulnerable afterwards. During a team fight slows/stuns gimp Nautilus's movement disadvantage even further making him unable to reach essential targets and use his passive.

Discuss

Hesphestus

01-27-2013

bump

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

I think Naut has more snares than anyone else in the game (his passive immobilizes, his area effect slows, his ult pops up, and his dredge line displaces and stuns momentarily).

As an individual, Naut's lack of firepower prevents him from "laying down the law", but if properly coordinated with teammates, he can victimize enemy champions by dragging them closer and immobilizing them- it makes them easy meat for the carries and assassins! Not only that, but all those snares and stuns make Nautilus a great protector of teammates, and I think it's his strong effect on both offense AND defense that made Riot decide not to allow Nautilus to be quite as tanky.

Despite his strong snaring capabilities, I am pretty sure that, like most summoners, I took one look at him and chuckled in delight as I thought BIG DADDY!, but it may just not be in the cards for him to be as much of a bruiser since he has so many ways to hinder his opponents.

CeeRob

01-27-2013

I got a pentakill with Nautilus, but I am find if he gets buffed.

Phoenix0Wright

01-27-2013

Nautilus is fine the way he is. His ganking potential is already ridiculous, he has more CC than any champion in the game, and to top it all off his ult can be used to initiate in a pinch. In my opinion, Titan's Wrath is one of the best non-ultimate skills in the game since it forces the enemy to target the tank if they don't want to take lots of AoE damage. As for his lack of escape, I'd actually argue that Nautilus' escape is one of the best among tanks. The cool down is halved every time it hits terrain, so he has a conditional dash every eight seconds or so. In team fights, most of his CDs are admittedly long, but many of Naut's best item choices have CDR to mitigate this (FH, SR), and his E is pretty spammable.

Honestly, from the post above I can tell you haven't played Nautilus much. Dredge line has an extremely generous hit box, so you shouldn't be missing too often. He has more than "a brief stun": His auto-attacks snare, and he has a 2 second AoE slow, a pull, and a long-range targeted knock up coupled with a stun. In addition, the range on Dredge line is actually very long at 950, which is longer than Blitzcrank's hook. I suggest you get more familiar with champions before saying they should be nerfed or buffed.

If Nautilus were to be buffed, the best I could see Riot do would be to buff his early-game stats, which are currently among the lowest in the game (though they do scale decently)

Tofubots

01-31-2013

Yet, we'll never see Nautilus in competition anymore. Why is that? Because you need more than a ton of CC to be a viable jungler. Also, amumu just does the job better. Why pick Nautilus if you can pick a tanky cc jungler that can still deal damage? Nautilus only fits into certain team comps but even if you think about a those comps, junglers like chogath or amumu would probably fulfill that role in a better way.

People who say Nautilus is fine the way he is don't see the big picture. He will never be good enough for a pro player to say "yeah let's go with Nautilus." He's good enough for players to say "I haven't played Nautilus in a while, I'll play him now." He is essentially a 2nd support. Granted he has great CC abilities but so do other junglers while they still do decent damage in a fight. Nautilus just gets ignored or avoided in teamfights.

footfoe

01-31-2013

nope nope nope.

He's a monster.

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Naut has the most CC in the game and his clears are drastically better than Amumu's if you just build a bit of damage on him. His mid game burst is enough to just kill people by himself and his ganks are second to none. Amumu has a hard to hit stun and AOE snare, which is on an absurdly long CD. Naut has an easy to hit pull, snare, slow combo, and can ult to pop-up as many targets as are in the line of fire. He's been my main since release and he can do top, jungle, or support very reliably, even a strong mid counterpick.

Grombolar

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisibleally View Post
I think Naut has more snares than anyone else in the game (his passive immobilizes, his area effect slows, his ult pops up, and his dredge line displaces and stuns momentarily).

As an individual, Naut's lack of firepower prevents him from "laying down the law", but if properly coordinated with teammates, he can victimize enemy champions by dragging them closer and immobilizing them- it makes them easy meat for the carries and assassins! Not only that, but all those snares and stuns make Nautilus a great protector of teammates, and I think it's his strong effect on both offense AND defense that made Riot decide not to allow Nautilus to be quite as tanky.

Despite his strong snaring capabilities, I am pretty sure that, like most summoners, I took one look at him and chuckled in delight as I thought BIG DADDY!, but it may just not be in the cards for him to be as much of a bruiser since he has so many ways to hinder his opponents.
This is absolutely key. I used to play Naut top lane a lot and a well farmed Nautilus with a good team will decimate anything that comes close to him.

AWildRaticate

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grombolar View Post
This is absolutely key. I used to play Naut top lane a lot and a well farmed Nautilus with a good team will decimate anything that comes close to him.
I also used to play him top and know how strong he can be, but in S3 his jungle got significantly better, imo.