What is ARAM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ectshakeau

01-27-2013

I see this game Aram but, I dont know what it is , if someone would be kind enough to explain it to me so I can learn to play it, please?

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Here, let me google that for you.

Zielmann

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectshakeau View Post
I see this game Aram but, I dont know what it is , if someone would be kind enough to explain it to me so I can learn to play it, please?
It stands for All Random, All Mid. It's a custom game type that's been around for some time. The 'all mid' part of the name is a little pointless now, since Riot modified the Proving Grounds (tutorial map) to be a one-lane map with essentially the purpose of playing ARAMs.

The main concept is that you are automatically assigned a random champion (don't get to pick). Then you go play 5v5 in a single lane. You cannot heal in the fountain, and you cannot shop unless you're dead or just spawned.

Originally, when it was played on SR, the rules were essentially voluntary, so you had to know the rules going in, and it was kind of an honor code kind of things to follow them. Fortunately, Riot basically hard-coded all the rules of the game into the PG map, so people can't go breaking the rules just to ruin your day anymore.

It's tons of fun. If you like a fairly active and chaotic game, and you don't mind leaving your champion up to chance, give it a try.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

don't tell him. There is nothing more despicable than people who are so lazy that they have to get other people to do their research for them.

Zielmann

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
don't tell him. There is nothing more despicable than people who are so lazy that they have to get other people to do their research for them.
There's nothing more despicable than somebody not willing to take two minutes of their time to help somebody out. Especially when they're willing to take half that time to give a sarcastic, unhelpful answer instead.

CowMeat

01-27-2013

It's good to both inform and explain! Some people aren't as computer or research saavy as others. And everyone derps here and there. :-P

Endr03

01-28-2013

apparently people think i's so wrong to ask questions about a game type in that forums section, I swear people have been using the "let me google that" link too much

Jericho Hombre

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
There's nothing more despicable than somebody not willing to take two minutes of their time to help somebody out. Especially when they're willing to take half that time to give a sarcastic, unhelpful answer instead.
I would argue that raping and murdering a pack of stray kittens is a tad more despicable.

LrdVprScrpn

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho Hombre View Post
I would argue that raping and murdering a pack of stray kittens is a tad more despicable.
Depends on how the kittens were dressed.

Zielmann

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho Hombre View Post
Quote Zarkof's post, not mine. I was just turning his gross exaggeration back around on him