Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I Only Play Singed Top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

watchyabackboy

01-28-2013

If you want to see a singed vs teemo match go to teamsolomids site. Chaox has a singed video where he squares off with teemo. Will give you a solid idea what to do through out the lanning phase.

roskosp33

01-28-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
You don't have to kill the player to win lane, you know :P. Just farm against a kennen.

I tried. Tried harassing him out of lane. Maybe I just don't know how to play against him. Like I said, I almost never see him top.

I played Zyra against singed once too and destroyed him. I could push lane and farm easy with my plants and if he charged me I could root him and do some decent damage.

It seems that anyone who can zone singed has an advantage. I'm not saying it's impossible to win, just saying it's definitely not ez mode like the title suggests.

I just play Olaf if I am afraid I might get kited. Hit lvl 6 and gg top lane.

adc

01-28-2013

The thing is that Singed can easily just farm (once he hits 6 and gets a catalyst, anyway), kill the minions, and back off from anybody that zone him. He's more useful in fights than a lot of the other bruisers in the game, and he doesn't need kills to scale.

Zeraphicus

01-28-2013

Olaf destroys singed in lane, level e first build tanky cdr. Kill and zone him. He will still suck late game.

KnightxSScarlett

01-28-2013

Jax vs. Singed - Singed wins. Singed actually beats pretty much anyone with mechanics that require chase. Singed can beat any melee top lane really. Singed will ALWAYS be in your face.

Olaf vs. Singed - Singed wins. Why? Because Olaf is killing himself with his e, and Olaf is a chase champ. Olaf will kill himself trying to kill Singed. And you can't zone a Singed from minions with anything short of a good slow.

Singed beats ranged champs like Kayle and Teemo by stomping them early. Cho is just a farm lane. You can't beat a Singed in a farm lane.

At best, you can only hope to not lose to a good Singed. Singed will always not lose the lane (unless he is bad) but usually win it.

Voyles

01-28-2013

Quote:
roskosp33:
Who plays 2 top?

AD Bottom is right. I was playing with a friend of mine who was lvl 24 at the time in Normals.

But, not everybody should go by the damn metas. We had another game where the other team did have a jungler, Warwick and with Darius at top following the meta. We decided to duo top with Singed and Kog'Maw. Within the first 10 minutes, we had the first top turret down, Darius with 3 deaths, and the Warwick that tried to come help top lane with a death. We ended up winning the game. Of course this was a Normal game because it was the same buddy who is below lvl 30. But, just goes to show that meta doesn't always work.

adc

01-28-2013

Quote:
MileHighJew:
AD Bottom is right. I was playing with a friend of mine who was lvl 24 at the time in Normals.

But, not everybody should go by the damn metas. We had another game where the other team did have a jungler, Warwick and with Darius at top following the meta. We decided to duo top with Singed and Kog'Maw. Within the first 10 minutes, we had the first top turret down, Darius with 3 deaths, and the Warwick that tried to come help top lane with a death. We ended up winning the game. Of course this was a Normal game because it was the same buddy who is below lvl 30. But, just goes to show that meta doesn't always work.

Only skill matters in lower levels. Once you get to the point where people know how to competently play their heroes, the meta is the best.

Quote:

Singed beats ranged champs like Kayle and Teemo by stomping them early. Cho is just a farm lane. You can't beat a Singed in a farm lane.

Uhh. You can't really beat a hero like Kayle early. Slow + ranged attack = how do I get close?

KnightxSScarlett

01-28-2013

Simples. You get lvl 2 before she does, dash in and flip for first blood. It's also how you can force Teemo back. I start every game stealing wraiths, while they guard blue or something. You get lvl 2 while they're halfway to lvl 2. Then you win.

Voyles

01-28-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
Only skill matters in lower levels. Once you get to the point where people know how to competently play their heroes, the meta is the best.

LoL - Challenging the Meta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BoHXLqhUE)

You know as well as I do the meta changes.

adc

01-28-2013

Quote:
MileHighJew:
LoL - Challenging the Meta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BoHXLqhUE)

You know as well as I do the meta changes.

As changes are put in the game that make other ways of playing better, yes. But in the current patch with the current meta, a team of strong players following the meta (say, the old CLG.EU, renowned for their ability to stall games) will win a majority of the games against another team doing some "cheese" strategy.