Critique of Thresh

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hayaishi

01-27-2013

He's not as bad as you make him out to be, the lantern shield itself is great.

Lesthrid

01-27-2013

All I see is someone who could not roflstomp the enemy team while playing as Thresh. His kit is powerful, learn to use it right. You also need to consider the fact that many players still don't know what he does, let alone how to use his W. This last fact makes him seem very ineffective when he actually isn't. When you play with someone that knows how to use the lantern you can make some crazy plays and saves that NO OTHER CHAMPION call pull off. The windup on his Q is NECESSARY because of the amount of power his kit holds. When you are in lane and the enemy doesn't have flash getting grabbed by him almost always means a kill. He has great peel for your ADC as well.

TL;DR: Learn to use the champ before complaining about his kit. He's only been out for roughly a week.

Ferr3t

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Astral View Post
Yes i play with smartcast and E is a balls pain to land

Agree in all...i was writing in another post too, and im boring to write always the same, lol
If you play with smartcast you deserve every missed skillshot you get.

Mr Confuse

01-27-2013

lmaoo the lantern useless? i lost count how many times a thresh on my team saved me from certain death. i usually play top irelia who doesnt have any escape besides the flash I take. when dive into the middle of 5 ppl to kill their carry more often then not their assassin dives ours and i get focused a quick lantern gets me back to my team alive with a dead adc on their team and an assassin waiting to be killed. u just need a good thresh and u'll see how sick he is

MrSnitches

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
stopped reading here
Yessir.

Dr Shackles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Oh, I get it. This is a joke thread. Got it.

Seriously though, Thresh has an incredible presence in lane and in fights. I have no idea what you are thinking.

Yuan Shikai

01-28-2013

The VAST majority of champs are underpowered or balanced on release: hence why i stopped taking you seriously after your first sentence.

BladeOfSithis

01-28-2013

I have had great games and bad games with thresh, other than the lack of scaling magic resist (which makes a magic damage enemy team a nightmare) his kit is great if you know how to use it. The E may not be wide or long, but using it just as an enemy shen (or similar champs with gap-closers) charges, the knock back is very useful and life saving.

He may need a few tweaks, but all it comes down to is the team comps and how you use him.

DanRileyCG

01-28-2013

Umm... His kit is fantastic, and his skill cap and potential are both very high.

1. I use smart cast and don't have a problem with any of his skill shots. Not sure why you guys are having a hard time with his E, but it's easy. It will cast and head in which ever direction your cursor is in relation to Thresh, and it always moves in a line from Thresh. If you want to pull the enemy move your cursor behind yourself, away from the enemy. If you want to push them have you're cursor on the enemy and there's no doubt it'll be cast towards them to push them away.

2. I land his hook 9 times out of 10. It's range is deceptively long, and using it at the right time, or from a bush, or fog of war, makes all the difference. In addition, you have to anticipate the windup. Aim AHEAD of the enemy. I have no trouble landing this ability because I only use it when I know I have a high chance of landing it (which is actually very often).

3. Soul collecting is a non-issue, I usually have well over 100 per game, or win before the 100 mark. Even then team fights are well worth your time for the gold you received in kills and assists. So you lost me there. Team fights don't usually last long either, so it really doesn't detract from harvesting souls much.

4. His lantern is extremely useful. The only downside is that people are morons, and unless your playing with friends in Skype many people in game will NOT make use of your lantern even when you throw it to them. Most completely ignore it, or waste flashes forgetting about it and making distance from it. Hopefully this changes. As it stands now, some people are so bad that they don't even know how to use his lantern. The shield is fantastic at every point in the game, it's a team shield. When is that ever a bad thing? It also collects souls, which is extremely useful-- making soul collecting from a distance viable. The lantern in and of itself is extremely diverse in its use, and I find it funny that you discredit it. The lantern rewards players for knowing how to intelligently position. If you're bad at positioning it doesn't make the skill any less useful, it jut makes you bad at it. It's not rare to save people with it (even over walls) because if that is your intent, you will use it this way. Just as you will use it offensively, locking down an enemy or enemies and pulling teammates to you. Not sure how anyone could think this skill is bad.

5. His Q is absolutely fantastic. Beyond just the pull, the passive damage is amazing. It makes Thresh hit pretty darn hard, especially when he has a bunch if souls. This makes him an amazing poke champ, harassing the enemy all day. It is also a very nice skill for building Thresh bruiser top. He can harass many short ranges tops to no end, and to great effect, thanks to his decent damage output in his Q's auto attack passive.

Conclusion, maybe Thresh isn't the champ for you, maybe you're bad at positioning, maybe you don't play this game with friends and can't make amazing use of his lantern, maybe you don't know how to land semi-slow moving skill shots on enemies by leading them, and maybe you don't know how his moves work as such, you don't know how to smart cast them. None of this counts as a negative to Thresh. It only spells out that you're not good with him.

Maybe you should get better with him before pretending that you know something about him? Go ahead and lolking me, I dominate with him.

InsertDongerHere

01-28-2013

I think Thresh is a pretty cool champ, however if you do manage to land a pull, damage can be done to the opposing champion during the pull which tends to last a very long time (having been pulled several times). I realize that his windup is a tell, but unlike Blitz, damage can be done the entire time that the pull is active> i recommend either speeding up the pull, making the opposing champion unable to be damaged until the pull is complete, or allowing the opposing champion able to complete some of their own abilities while in the pull. It seems a bit unbalanced for someone to be damaged in a very long pull and not have a chance do anything in return.

just a thought

PS: His skins are freakin awesome!