Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Discussion] Something needs to be done about the AFKers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElDynamite

01-27-2013

Whenever I play PvP on the PBE, there's almost always someone on either team who is AFK, resulting in a hopeless and boring game. (If there's not, there's a feeder or a noob.)
It has gotten to the point where every game is some kind of blowout. I can guarantee than over 50% of my wins were because the other team had a feeder or afker, and over 50% of my losses were because my team had a feeder or afker.
The biggest problem here is that sometimes it's not the players' fault that they are AFK, so it's not smart to outright ban them or drop their points by ten times the normal amount. I've had a lot of situations where my computer crashed, client crashed, internet crashed, blackout, etc., so I know that it's not always intentional. But it's unfair to the people who lose points because there was an AFKer on their team, so in short there needs to be a fix.

I've heard that the reason the point loss is not negated when someone AFKs is because of the potential for abuse. ie, you're losing, so disconnect and nobody loses points.
I think that this could possibly be fixed to be viable, by putting some checks on how long the person has been AFK. For example:
-if they have been AFK for more than 10 minutes before the game ends
-if they AFK within the first 7 minutes
-if the tower losses are within two of each other upon AFK
-if the kill score varies by less than 20% of the lower score upon AFK
then the point loss will be decreased but not necessarily negated. (depending on the conditions fulfilled)

However, if the person is AFK for the entire game, the point loss should be negated altogether.

Then comes the question of these "Division Series" where games are decided by wins and points are negligible. Since a 4v5 almost completely destroys the chance of winning a game, the first set of conditions should apply.

TL;DR point loss should be lessened based on how badly you were losing when the person AFKed.

I'd really like to get this discussion out there because it's very important. Thanks ^^

Redwind5527

01-27-2013

just had a game in pbe first ranked i went into my team 3 left the game just cause me and anther wasn't doing well then i asked the enemy team to report and they said this is PBE reporting does nothing....

PBKillerFM

01-27-2013

people afk are annoying, riot has to do AFK-BUSTER XD
That would help a ton because people who sign up pbe are supposed to help find bugs / glitches, not go afk.

that's my point!

UltimateAvengers

01-27-2013

Yes I do agree, last game that I have recently played the enemy team had 4 afks and only 1 player was left. But at the last 5 minutes of it everyone came back.

Rider Rento

01-27-2013

so i had the suggestion that after a player has been afk for 5-10 mins what if a boost was applied to the team with the afk so they stilll had a shot to win and it would add another for each afk