[Suggestion] Role select feature for normal and ranked games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GzMk

01-26-2013

Well i recommend Riot create a role select feature where the players can chose the roles they are comfortable playing. It can be divided as ( Top / Jungle or 2nd Top / Mid / Carry / Support ). The player ticks whatever role he wants to choose and the system places them during champion pick with a label next to their name declaring the role they will be playing. This will solve a lot of arguments on chat and allow people to play peacefully.
If players are comfortable with any role then they can tick all option and in champion select pick the champion according to the role displayed on his label (which is provided by the system upon his choosing) .
Now some will say what about duo top lanes. then there can be a 6th option where if the player ticks it then he wants to solo top if left unticked then the jungler can freely pick another champion to share the top lane.
As for trolls picking champions not fitting their role (i.e jungle soraka)can be reported and left to the tribunal to decide whether the player was trolling or actually trying to do something innovative....

Snugglefresh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

I agree cueing should arrange people by the roles they select, 1/2 the games I play get trolled because people don't get their lane/role...

Pelvis Pressley

01-27-2013

I made another post but I'll move the part I made about this here...
1. Role selection - One thing that really ruins the low level games is the inability for people to consider the overall compilation of their team. In most games I notice this happens because of a complete lack of knowledge on what their characters are really doing for their team. Many of the games I enter have at least 2 AD carries on a team and some are just 5 bruisers who get poked to death. Another aspect of this that can ruin games is lane selection. One person calls top and locks in as Nasus, another selects a jungler, and then some (selfish and immature) player quickly locks in as Jax and says he's going top. The first 4 minutes of the game are then dedicated to the top lane players "V" - pinging each other to death until someone submits. Some times this can lead to Ashe / Jax up against a good Sona / Ezreal combo and the game plays out from there...

The solution, I feel, is obvious. In the champion selection screen have it set so that players can lock in their lane and have the option to call their role. Have a button next to champion portraits that turns into a drop box where you can select which lane you are going to. Other players then can only select the remaining positions. If someone chooses "Jungle" then the system will only allow for one character on top lane or bottom lane depending on which one already has two (or some other maths that I haven't thought of). Under the lane selection have another drop box that may or may not be exclusive (as in it wont prevent anyone else from doing anything) where they can display which role they would like to play. This would make everything perfectly clear to the team and also introduce new players to their roles and make them more aware.

Then I was also thinking what if they made a system that would let you set your rune/ mastery setup according to your champion/lane/ role selection. Then you wouldn't have to keep resetting it, it would all be automatic. You would decide this option while you were putting the pages together.