Am I building Sej Right?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minty Hitomi

01-27-2013

My Rune Set up is all HP/Level and I have defense masteries

I build Boot + Giant's belt, then get Tabi + Lucky Pick. Then SFC and BFT...if game is still going I get Rylai's...

It's going super well for me...I can tank everything. Most people on dominion seem to build pure penetration which kills defense and MR builds...so I decided to stack HP and just run in with W and gain satisfing results...

Any opinions on how to use or build Sej to make her effective? This worked for me, but I'm not sure if it would carry me through all of Dom elo hell.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

pardong the ignorance but what's Sfc? n_nU

Redeemed In Fire

01-27-2013

>Lucky Pick

Don't. The 50 extra gold isn't worth wasting the ~300 gold on the upgrade. Only buy it if it's the only component you're missing and you can't afford what it upgrades into at the time.

stormfallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Sunfire Cape.

I wouldn't bother with the early Lucky Pick, as G/10 items aren't too useful in Dom. I'd get the Haunting Guise instead.

Minty Hitomi

01-27-2013

Lucky pick has helped me stay out in the battlefield and mass quite a bit of gold before I die. Then I can buy a full item and half another item while I'm spawning. I think it's a pretty good buy considering I don't B that often as Sej, I often stay out and bait enemies as the tank and land my team kills or buy time for my team.

Malah

01-27-2013

SFC = Sunfire cape.

I've seen a lot of Sej builds like that and I don't particularly care for them. Being a brick wall is lovely but not exactly useful when your damage suffers (which is what Sej does) and that build will get ripped apart by %HP effects with no MR.

I've had the most success with Boots - Double Ruby/Pots (More HP top with pots) upgrading into Sorc, Guise, and Kindle. I'll go Giant start only when there's no stealth on the enemy team and someone else more support-y is picking up their own reveal item for the general utiltiy. Pick up piecemeal mitigation items the moment they're necessary because Sejuani has extremely flexible defensive paths. Cloak in particular varies from being purchased after Sorc to being purchased close to last depending on when AP becomes an actual problem, usually corresponding with when one finishes a Torch.

Typical build is Sorc -> Guise -> Kindle -> Shroud or Sorc -> Guise -> Sunfire and from there it's total adaptation. My item core is generally Sorc/FH/BFT/Abyssal with Sunfire, Rylai, Sweeper, and Odyn mixed in most useful. Sunfire/Rylai for the most damage, Sweeper/Rylai for the most utility/ Odyn/Sunfire for survival. I almost always finish at least five core items unless the game is a total landslide in my favour. I don't finish BFT until third or fourth because her flat damages are already high without it and it becomes more useful once people actually have HP for the passive to matter. Tabi is rather superfluous when FH has so much power on her and between having so much power shoved in her W and her spammable Q, CC doesn't have as high an impact on her.

naotasan

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfallen View Post
Sunfire Cape.

I wouldn't bother with the early Lucky Pick, as G/10 items aren't too useful in Dom. I'd get the Haunting Guise instead.
BFT requires lucky pick...

NamKim

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
BFT requires lucky pick...
Due to the nature of Dominion, an early Lucky Pick is not a good idea. All you get is some AP and some gold per ten. The gold per ten is really negligible on Dom since you would probably upgrade it before you get any real amount of gold. So you really just get +25 AP for 765g. That's all you get.

Two Amplifying Tome gives you +40 AP for 870g.
Prospector's Ring gives you +40 AP, +10 Mana Regen, and +200 HP for 950g.
Fiendish Codex gives you +30 AP, +6 Mana Regen, and +10% CDR for 1000g

You could set yourself up for an early Haunting Guise by getting the Amplifying Tome and Ruby Crystal. Which is +20 AP and +180 HP for 910g.

Three of the four options helps you get an early BFT.

There are better starting options than a Lucky Pick.
Also, I feel that with the new BFT changes, it's not an item that is so easily rushed anymore.

Malah

01-27-2013

It's just fine rushed, but health levels aren't high enough early game to make the passive god mode. If you're so fat early game that you can pick it up quickly then go for it considering how much it gives you, but usually since I'm the only tank on the team I'd rather get penetration for damage and then focus on beefing up before finishing the torch. Codex and Guise provide CDR/Pen that Sej needs, but after that it's a bit of a climb to finish the torch off for the other benefits.

Torch won't do much good if you end up as a pile of ash before you can expend the stacks.

Archeer

01-27-2013

Not gonna lie, that build seems pretty devastating.

Unfortunately you're still delicious boar meat to Elise.