Kayle Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just Kidding

01-27-2013

I heard its a thing and really wanted to try it.... would i build ad, ap, or hybrid? If anyone has a link to a good mobafire/solomid guide, please share!
Thanks everyone

NachoNebster

01-27-2013

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-and-ap-195289

That's a link for a decent build for all of her roles. For mid lane i would consider building hybrid, because once the laning faze is over you can kick some ass with Hybrid Kayle.

Boagster

01-27-2013

Any one of them works fine in mid, to be honest. I prefer AP/AS, because it gives you solid nukes from her Q, constant DPS from her E, with amazing sustain for your team from her W. Her ult doesn''t change no matter what you play.

My typical build:

• Starting: Crystalline Flask, 1x Potion, 1x Sight Ward
  • 1st Back: Either Boots and 1 or 2 Daggers -OR- Stinger
  • 2nd and 3rd Backs: Nashor's Tooth and either Berserker's Greaves or Ionian Boots of Lucidity
  • From there: Liandry's Torment, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Rabadon's Cap, Warmog's Armor (switching order of Rabadon's and Warmog's as each game requires)

The early AS is extremely important, because without it, you won't be getting enough damage off in lane to secure kills. As far as the boot upgrades go, I get Ionian Boots of Lucidity if other people on my team can make better use of blue, but Berserker's Greaves in all other situations. With max CDR, you will always have her E up in teamfights, meaning you can position easier and maximize your DPS. Some people will argue Sorceror's Boots - while I won't deny they are viable, I believe the AS or CDR from the other choices will have an overall larger impact on your game, as they will get you more hits with her E, as well as make it easier to farm waves / push lanes.

I understand that the Liandry's / Rylai's combo isn't favored by everyone and isn't always the best build. In those cases, I typically go Hybrid Kayle, replacing Liandry's with Guinsoo's Rageblade and Rylai's with Hextech Gunblade. Both give you a huge damage boost at the cost of burst survivability. Being able to survive burst can be quite important, as a major part of your damage comes from her E, which does not have amazing range. If you do go this route, I would suggest trying to save her ult for yourself, whenever possible, as the Lifesteal and Spellvamp mix real well with invulnerability.

Remember, in teamfights, you have her heal and ult. If you aren't getting focused, you should be watching your teammates for opportune times to use them, particularly your heal. The heal has an MS buff tacked on, helping the teammate escape. If someone chases, nail them with her Q, which has a rather low cooldown, to let your teammate get the most distance out of the MS buff. And it's not hard to pay attention to your team as Kayle - while proper focus is important, if you are attack the wrong target for a second or two, it's usually not the end of the world, because of the amazing splash damage her E does.

On a final note, I'm considering trying Zhonya's Hourglass somewhere in the build. I've found that her ult can be very demoralizing to the enemy team, so having that extra invulnerabilitiy will hopefully TROLLOLOLOL all over the them.

PrincePapa

01-27-2013

I'd recommend watching this build from solomid : http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...le-build-guide

I tried it and it is really strong, as well as really well-made.

Treza

01-28-2013

well the past 2 days ive been building:

starter: faerie charm, 1 or 2 wards, 4 or 6 pots depending on wards. usually ill buy 2 wards if im mid and im worried about their ganks but sometimes ill just by 1 knowing i wont push the lane

rush nashors tooth.. the item is just too good on kayle. overall its a garbage item but on kayle its as op as you can possibly imagine. think of what a phantom dancer does for an adc, for kayle nashors is like i cant even describe it. 20% cdr, the ap scales incredibly well on q, and fairly well on e, and then youve got the mana regen sustain and a good attack speed boost.. get it always no matter what build you use (even ad)

ill usually grab boots 1 sometime in between finishing nashors. after nashors is done, if im snowballing ill go straight for boots 3 to get that movement speed i just go for the 3rd upgrade that gives flat bonus movement speed on berserkers greaves. if im not snowballing, but on the verge of being a monster, ill go straight into guinsoos rageblade because its amazing. its another item thats just meh on most champions but on kayle it is a monstrosity. if you end up in 1v1 or even 2v1 fights, when your hp falls below half, ult yourself. you now have +10% lifesteal and spellvamp for the rest of the fight and it is extremely noticable. if you ult right when you fall below half, your autos and q's and the heal right after your ult ends will put you back to like 80% hp and youre now stacked with rageblade stacks and the spellvamp and lifesteal stays active as long as you fight for the rest of the game. once you havent done damage for about 7 seconds it will go back on cooldown and deactivate but theoretically it could stay up endlessly if you just stayed fighting

if im actually having a bit of a hard time, ill go for a haunting guise sometime in between finishing nashors tooth for the early hp or sometime shortly after. the penetration is quite noticable especially if you are running mpen runes (im using hybrid penetration quints and marks)

if youre just straight up beast moding, dont even bother making liandrys. after you finish your quinsoos, make a rabadons or rylais. if you made liandrys before guinsoons, leave out the guinsoos altogether and go straight for rylais and a rabadons. then either lich bane, trinity force, guardian angel, or warmogs

i know this is a lot of information to take in but this is very good build advice

best build for kayle going for pure killing potential:

zerkers greaves
nashors tooth
rageblade
gunblade
lich bane
rabadons

with this build you end up with like 650 ap and like 220 ad or something like that. your q's will rip people for about 1k and with the lich bane proc and your already 500 or so autoattack damage its another 1k right after your q. (these numbers are without factoring in defences obviously)

if you manage to get this build nothing can stand in your way.. youll instakill anything squishy, and even things like fed jax wont be able to deal with you 1v1.
i had a game last night where the enemy teams fed vayne died instantly from my q, 1 auto attack, and an ignite. she literally went from full to empty bar and tumbled away as she died to ignite

another build option is to go for malady but i personally havent been going for that in a long time
if you do go for it, get it early maybe rush it or get it right after nashors tooth, and if you do make it you must make rabadons or else it will fall off late game dps wise

heres my matches recently with kayle and what i built:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24898861#history

Derpy the Derp

01-28-2013

Best build NA:
Rabadons, Sorc Shoes, Lich Bane, Nashors Tooth, Zhonyas, Void Staff
Love dis

oNeffy

01-28-2013

I wouldn't do it. It's possible but I'd stray away from it. Anyone who owns Ryze can shut you down easily. Very, very easily.

Boagster

01-29-2013

How so, oNeffy? The only Ryze I faced I completely rocked, but I can't say much for the player's skill.

Treza

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oNeffy View Post
I wouldn't do it. It's possible but I'd stray away from it. Anyone who owns Ryze can shut you down easily. Very, very easily.
kayle beats ryze easily.. well maybe not easily but she should be able to beat him. especially since hes a dps mage and kayle is queen of dps mages. your options with kayle are to hard burst her or out dps her or out poke her, and ryze doesnt hard burst he soft bursts.. and imo the poke is about equal. leblanc on the other hand hard bursts in a sense that it stops kayle from using her heal or ult