DFG has an awkward build path.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

mages now have even fewer items choices if they are one of the ones that have frequent mana issues...

Chaosos

01-27-2013

BFT recipe is still 700 on PBE

Malah

01-27-2013

Anyone on this map except Swain who has to remember they have a blue bar either makes RoA/AA work or is trash tier. Nobody is going to actually care about removing MP/5 off codex come patch day.

I still say they need to quit screwing around with BFT and either nerf the passive or account it in the cost of the item (meaning: gut the base stats).

MMKH

01-28-2013

I just don't really like how NLR only builds into DFG now, after the Wooglet's change. There should be 1-2 more options from NLR.

Ikruti

01-28-2013

Maybe the better question is this, Is there really a place for a NLR in Dominion?

You could definitely make more items that build out of NLR, but you could just as easily remove the NLR from DFG and from Dominion altogether. Really, what purpose does the NLR have? It's just a pure AP stick, nothing else. That you can do with Blasting Wands.

So then really it becomes about slot efficiency but also power gaps. Getting a NLR is more efficient than 2x BW for sure, but then you have this really lengthy time frame where you get nothing while you save. Does that make sense?

Personally I'm not sure. Most people seem to really like the change to Wooglet's to help smooth out the power curve, would the same logic apply to DFG as well?

On a side note, the same logic might be applicable to Pickaxes and BF Swords, but I'm not sure if that's really needed. However, there are more items that build out of BF Swords and I don't think fighters really need help smoothing out their power curve. But then I look at AD Carries and think how they're extremely underwhelming for most of Dominion unless their name is Ezrael. They eventually come in to their own right but it takes a while and making BF Sword items build out of pick axes might help smooth that out.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

I think NLR is getting too much hate. The high cost is bad if you're trying to rush a NLR item, but later on the slot efficiency is actually nice. Plus, AD carries have to wait for 1550 to get BF sword, why can't APs wait for 1600 for a NLR?

Infirc

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferer View Post
I think NLR is getting too much hate. The high cost is bad if you're trying to rush a NLR item, but later on the slot efficiency is actually nice. Plus, AD carries have to wait for 1550 to get BF sword, why can't APs wait for 1600 for a NLR?
because bruisers, who are supposedly stronger than aps and squishy ads early game, don't have to wait for anything, Triforce has a smooth power curve, Brutalizer is a really good and cheap item, the only power gap is betwen 1337+ruby crystal and cleaver's conversion cost, while ad carries have a pretty weird power curve with a buttload of gaps.