Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DFG has an awkward build path.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

01-27-2013

DFG builds out of NLR, which is the only basic item with exactly one upgrade. If you buy an NLR you are committed to purchasing a DFG even if counter building makes that a bad choice.

A simple solution is to make a Dominion version of DFG and give it a build path with two blasting wands similar to wooglet's.

Infirc

01-27-2013

Dw it has an even more awkward build path currently on the pbe, it builds from NLR and fiendish codex, costs 300 gold more and doesn't even have the mana regen from codex when it's finally converted

Phourc

01-27-2013

Quote:
Infirc:
and doesn't even the mana regen from codex when it's finally converted

I believe they're removing the MP/5 from codex for whatever reason this next patch.

Chaosos

01-27-2013

It's to make it an AP version of kindlegem, since two types of characters need CDR: Mages, and Tanks.

Redenbacher

01-27-2013

Quote:
Chaosos:
It's to make it an AP version of kindlegem, since two types of characters need CDR: Mages, and Tanks.

And supports and AD casters...

Nny

01-27-2013

I don't understand how removing MP/5 from it suddenly makes it better for people without mana.

It'd be one thing if it costs less, but it doesn't. So non-mana characters get exactly the same thing they did before it was removed, and now mana characters get less. Makes no sense to me.

konfetarius

01-27-2013

It costs less.

Except for BFT apparently?

DiscworldDeath

01-27-2013

It doesn't really cost less on most items, or not by much.

But I'd wait till we get final and not data-mined figures, myself.

Xypherous discussed it, but seems most items with mp/5 just make many items less desirable - Nashor's for people who don't want mana, DFG for all the manaless mages, etc.

Let's see where things end up after numbers go live, then cry about it

Unless someone's willing to hop on the PBE and get us some numbers.

Phourc

01-27-2013

PBE's down or I would, cause now I"m curious.

konfetarius

01-27-2013

It's -180 gold cost on every item except BFT afaik. Basically fairy charm removed. Well, Morello Tome is now Kage + Fiendish Codex + Fairy charm as it still has the mana regen.

And yes, I will cry about BFT mana removal. I think BFT is perfect where it is now.