Black Cleaver

It's Fine 11 68.75%
Recipe Rework 2 12.50%
Nerf 2 12.50%
Remove 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Community Poll on BC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xela Syab

01-27-2013

Is is just me or is this becoming more of a game wide problem than Innervating Locket? It's making armor useless and making Warmogs a must have item, making mages unviable, and giving bruisers/assassins too much of an edge in game in all stages.
What's your opinion: It's fine, Rework Recipe, Nerf, Remove?

EDIT: I voted Rework because I liked the original Black Cleaver and don't mind it being made from Brutalizer giving cdr and working with abilities. What I do mind is having the Item give health and both flat and % armor penetration which draws it over the line since it's a defensive and offensive item that removes early and late defenses and gives cdr. No Item does this, and it makes it obscenely noncounterable like getting haunting guise, fiendish codex, and void staff as one item. I think removing the ruby crystal and replacing it with dagger or avarice blade and removing the % armor pen and giving it back its flat stacking armor reduction will bring it back in line and make it less problematic.

Yuan Shikai

01-27-2013

It already is getting a nerf and remaking it like you suggested won't happen, neither is it mroe of a problem than locket nor are mages unviable.

TealNinje

01-27-2013

Build a Randuin's Omen.
Laugh at Black Cleaver.

Xela Syab

01-28-2013

Riot nerfed it unnerfed it 2 times already. They don't know what to do with the item and they are getting alot of community backlash from it. Clearly they want an ad caster item with cdr, but what they ended up with is a devastating all in one tanky defense ripper. Since it's ability oriented it isn't countered by Frozen Heart and Randuin's Omen. Since it gives both flat and scaling armor penetration there's really no counter to it, you end up with Sunfire Cape or Spirit Golem being the effective resistance against it since it's enough armor to mitigate a true damage scenario without a huge amount of armor value being wasted. Youmuus was effective against low armor opponents, and LW is effective against high armor and neither gave defensive stats so why is there an Item that effectively does both? It's also made of small item combos which makes it really effective to build into. I think an all in one fix is to make the item build from Stinger and Pickaxe and give it the old flat armor reduction proc,

ChiSqrd

01-28-2013

Just get with the meta and stack health.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

So now it's possible to counter a Malphite that has stacked over 400 Armor.

Seems legit to me.