I don't get it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ripplez

01-27-2013

It's not a soft CC. It's the equivalent of a silence but for autoattacking. The biggest source of late game damage is the ad carry in most situations because of the way ad scaling works and alot of the lane structure in the game revolves around making sure the ad carry farms enough to get that scaling to work for her/him. But that falls apart when you are unable to use any of your gold and any of your scaling. I'm very confident people did not spend half the game farming an Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster just to turn into ad casters for 3 seconds. It's not minor.

You're also forgetting that the same logic that says if you get in 600- range of the enemy team will get you killed also applies to ad carries who tend to have autoattack ranges approximately the same or lower. They still survive. It isn't easy to do it as Teemo but it's certainly possible.

Blinds are strong. They are incredibly rare but they are ridiculously strong when tehy do work because they do the same thing Silences do but to the most important member of the team late game.

Vuther

01-27-2013

I once stepped on a shroom.

It killed my dog, robbed my bank account and burned my house down.

Tsabo

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplez View Post
It's not a soft CC. It's the equivalent of a silence but for autoattacking. The biggest source of late game damage is the ad carry in most situations because of the way ad scaling works and alot of the lane structure in the game revolves around making sure the ad carry farms enough to get that scaling to work for her/him. But that falls apart when you are unable to use any of your gold and any of your scaling. I'm very confident people did not spend half the game farming an Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster just to turn into ad casters for 3 seconds. It's not minor.

You're also forgetting that the same logic that says if you get in 600- range of the enemy team will get you killed also applies to ad carries who tend to have autoattack ranges approximately the same or lower. They still survive. It isn't easy to do it as Teemo but it's certainly possible.

Blinds are strong. They are incredibly rare but they are ridiculously strong when tehy do work because they do the same thing Silences do but to the most important member of the team late game.
That's considering you're going to use Blind in the enemy ADC, that member that's always behind that wall of Bruisers, Tanks, APC, Jungle, Support, etc, if you manage to do it, and still survive (with almost no hp left), yep it's going to be useful to stop enemy's ADC damage for 2 auto-attacks and have to fight a 4v5 because Teemo's almost dead.

Sometime ago there was a poll about the worse CC, guess which one was chosen as the worse one? yes, it was Blind, and it's pretty obvious why, the CC itself may not be bad, but the champs who can use it (Teemo and Heimer) can't use it properly or is just useless for the champion.

Teemo is in a bad spot right now, i haven't seen even one player who knows how to play saying "Teemo OP, his CC is too powerful, his damage is insane and his shrooms are not avoidable", instead they say "Teemo is really UP, he's not a safe pick, he's too easily shutdown/countered, has no late-game and his Team fight pressence is worse than Nidalee's".

I really don't get why so much people in Champion Feedback complain about him, he's probably one of the easiest champions to shut down, all you need to do is give your top-lane one kill, yes ONE kill and the lane is over, if you're having trouble, get a pink ward and destroy his "minefield" (which was nerfed horribly).

Edit: Found the poll: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1042983

Resolute Riven

01-27-2013

cus hes the definition of anti-fun

DarksideEric

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplez View Post

Well let me just prove you wrong right off the bat, shall we?

Quote:
Hard CC — The following effects disrupt the channelling of abilities:

Airborne
Forced Action
Polymorph
Silence
Stun
Suppression

Soft CC — The following effects do not disrupt the channelling of abilities:

Blind
Entangle
Slow
Snare
Now that such an easily beaten counter point is dealt with, let's move on.

Let's see all that Blind actually does:

Quote:
The target will miss auto-attacks, incurring the message "Miss" above their attack target.

Blind only mitigates the physical damage portion of an attack, including physical damage sourced from a physical on-hit effect. Other damage types and effects won't miss. See: On-hit effects.
Abilites that apply on-hit effects will also miss.
Blind is considered a form of damage mitigation. As such, it is applied after Thornmail's passive.

Does not interrupt channeling.
The duration is affected by crowd control reduction.
The effect can be removed by all cleansing effects.
Now let's see what Silence actually does:

Quote:
The target is unable to cast abilities but able to cast summoner spells (excluding Flash and Teleport).
Interrupts the channeling of abilities.
The duration is affected by crowd control reduction.
The effect can be removed by all cleansing effects.
So... what are the key, and easy to spot differences?

Well, let's see.

Blind doesn't stop on hit effects, so... a Xin Three Talon can still knock you up (hard CC) can still happen.

Blind doesn't stop channeling.

Blind doesn't stop you from using Summoner Spells Flash and Teleport.

So... you were saying?

Next up... Teemo's Q is 580 range.

Cait's AA range: 650. Q range: 1300.

Ashe's AA range: 600. W range: 1200.

Do you want me to continue? All other ADCs have an ability that either has a longer range than Teemo's Q or can still be used despite being Blinded.

Blind isn't any sort of "ridiculously strong."

Ryothar

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksideEric View Post
Is this even a joke?

Annie, Q and W, 625. R, 600. All three can have a 1.75 sec Stun.
Fidd's E, 750.
Kass Q, 650.
Kayle's Q, 650.
LB's Q 700, E 950.

I mean... c'mon. Ask a hard question.

Radiant is approaching r0ach status.

Even Panth's W has a longer range than Teemo's Q.

For someone who is supposed to be "Radiant," you sure aren't very bright.
DarksideEric being a stupid ***** to lots of people I see. New suggestion is to WHOOP HIS STUPID ASS, then get back to fixing the problems with champs. ALL IN FAVOR?