stealth champs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TacoBlade

01-27-2013

it seems like league has lost the stealth aspect. before you had eve with a stealth she could activate whenever, twitch with a very, VERY long stealth (which totally was op); of course shaco with his q, akali with her stealth cloud (barely counts .), rengars ult...HIS ULT, and there was always wards. i might be forgetting some champs but y point is that now there is barely any stealth in league. out of those 4 champions that actually use it, all their stealths are extremely shrt now and they are almost never played (compaired to the other 100 champions). and if you guys are worried about a tank or someone picking up an oracle's and ruining their game, there is always a solution that should have been used a long time ago: limit the oracle's duration.
i just feel like "stealth" has been taken out of league and replaced by "temporary invisiblity". nothing like what league was

Vuther

01-27-2013

Oracle's duration has already been limited to five minutes.

And yes, temporary invisibility is pretty much what they were going for. The longer the stealth lasts, the more helpless the champion must be without it, the latter of which is old Eve in a nutshell. They hope to rework Rengar's kit more thoroughly - an ability-spam-happy fighter who had sustain, ranged harass, and dashes to you whenever you get close enough to a bush or just turns invisible then dashes to you probably wasn't the best combination all things considered.

Tsabo

01-27-2013

It's sad how no one remembers that Teemo has a Stealth too, a useless one tho.

DevilsNightmare

01-27-2013

I'm kind of on the fence about this one.

In one light, stealth creates an unfair advantage early game, focing players to play passively against a Shaco jungler or Eve mid, or waste a lot of money on pink wards.

In another light, stealth becomes much less of a problem late-game when you can just pick up an oracles, and money isn't as much of an issue.

I do agree that Rengar's steath shouldn't have such a long start-up now. If he's in danger and being attacked, he has to wait 3 seconds before his ult even goes of. Then he'll die, and his ult still gets wasted. Whereas Talon can ult immedietly for an escape. Considering this is supposed to be his ultimate move, it shouldn't be that bad.

Eve, on the other hand, was supposed to be all about stealth and assasination, but so many players complain that she's "OP" that riot keeps nerfing her to oblivion. She;s super squishy without an initiation with her ult, AND she's melee. Instead of sticking to a buddy and buying pink wards, people just play bad and complain.

I would say, if the stealth is a regular ability, then yes, give it a larger startup so it's not broken. If it's someone's ULT, like Rengar, be a bit more reasonable. And if people still complain about stealthed champions, riot should make another sightstone-ish item that reveals champs (for Summoner's Rift at least, I believe there already are items for that in other maps).