Gangplank VS Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath of Sekhmet View Post
Rework Gangplank instead, since melee carries don't work anymore. Besides, Darius has 2 gap closing skills to GP's 0 (and no, raise morale doesn't count; you essentially self-stun to get a speed boost, which defeats its entire purpose).
Even if you call those gapclosers........................

gp is still better at what he does than darius.

In fact every melee carry is pretty much better at what they do than darius, they are just awkward compared to ranged carries who also **** on darius. Dont compare carries to darius.

Pilige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Haven't seen GP picked in ranked in a long time...still see Darius quite a bit. Darius is a bruiser. Build tanky and shred through the other team. GP is a... well... Riot keeps changing their mind on what he is.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilige View Post
Haven't seen GP picked in ranked in a long time...still see Darius quite a bit. Darius is a bruiser. Build tanky and shred through the other team. GP is a... well... Riot keeps changing their mind on what he is.
Darius isnt picked because he's great.

I'd imagine he's more fun to play than gangplank especially since he fits well into a lane. He's got a nice theme and can snowball well. Doesnt mean he's even any good. GP has issues but they have absolutely nothing to do with darius

Darkotas

01-27-2013

A GP that knows how to abuse his passive early and not get caught in a melee duel will beat a Darius, it just depends entirely on the competence of both sides. Pick GP if you know you'll have the capacity to keep up farm in lane and help win the other lanes with your ult, pick Darius if you want to bully the lane and possibly get fed enough to bully everyone else as well. Darius is countered by knowledge, GP is countered by killing him repeatedly and denying him farm.

Omnifacetious

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankTheTank View Post
Okay so um, let's just check out some facts here.

Hemorrhage

Darius' basic attacks and damaging abilities cause enemies to bleed for 12 / 15 / 18 / 21 / 24 / 27 / 30 / 33 / 36 (+ 30% Bonus AD) magic damage over 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
Darius gains 5% movement speed for each bleeding enemy champion.

Grog Soaked Blade

Gangplank's basic attacks apply a poison debuff for 3 seconds that can stack up to 3 times. Each stack deals 3 + (1 level) magic damage per second and slows the target by 7%.

Am I the only one who sees the complete unfairness? I mean.. not only Darius is waaay stronger than GP in his other abilities, he has a passive that's easily 3x stronger? Can I get some insight on that?
Math time:
At level 1, most Darius players will probably not be taking any items that increase damage, and will likely have very little bonus damage from runes/masteries (correct me if I'm wrong here) so if Darius manages to land 5 stacks on an enemy, he will be doing 12 DPS for 5 seconds, plus will be moving 5% faster (assuming 1v1). At level 1, GP with 3 stacks on an enemy (thats 40% fewer stacks, so much easier to get to) will also be doing 12 DPS, while also slowing the target's move speed by 21%.

At level 18, a tanky DPS build on Darius will probably add anywhere from 75-150 damage. His passive has a 30% bonus AD ratio, so it will add anywhere from 22.5 DPS (at 5 stacks) to 45 DPS (again, at 5 stacks). So he will do anywhere from 58.5 to 81 DPS with his passive and will be moving potentially 25% faster. A GP will be doing 63 DPS with his passive and still slowing the target by 21%. If they were for some reason fighting straight out, GP's 21% slow applies not only to the base MS of Darius, but also to his bonus, so GP will always be moving faster, plus it's significantly easier for a GP to apply all 3 stacks and just play a game of keep away on Darius.

Point being, GP's passive has a much higher utility effect than Darius's passive. It stands to the rest of their kit between similarly skilled players to determine which is better. Early game, my money's on GP.