If We Can't Get Ranked...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soren Kaleth

01-26-2013

Can we petition for the removal of Blind Pick? Consolation prize that shouldn't be too difficult or time consuming. There's just too many game breaking champs in Dom...

Ralfazar

01-27-2013

No.

MoonsBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2013

Seconded.

At high elo (was 1700 when we could check, gone up about 30 wins since then) the general consensus is that if you don't pick Kassadin you shouldn't bother playing the game. If i'm lucky i get 3 minute queue's, if not 5+. Draft just isn't an option for me. That can literally take hours at non peak times. Usually around 20 minutes if you don't get dodges.

HaIfhearted

01-27-2013

The removal of Blind Pick would kill whats left of Dominion, so no.

naotasan

01-27-2013

Killing blind pick is a horrible idea.
I can see where the idea starts from, but you need it if you want people to try out Dominion for the first time.

Draft is not for "new to dominion" players at all. Plus, it limits your champion selection greatly. You have to own at least 16 champions to play worry-free.

A better short term solution that the players can actually take control of, is the promotion of Draft and straight-up quitting blind pick mode.

NamKim

01-27-2013

I'm a greedy person.

I want...
-Blind Pick to stay
-Draft Pick to become Popular
-Ranked to be implemented
-See Riot advertise Dominion

I'm not asking for too much, am I?

But in all seriousness, I can somehow get behind the idea of removing Draft to make way for Ranked. It is still an idea I am against, but I can at least accept it.

But I refuse to remove Blind Pick. It would limit new players from trying out Dominion. I want new players to start playing Dominion as soon as possible. I don't want to wait until they can use 16 champions (most of which would probably be the 10 free ones).

To be honest, I feel that learning how to play Dominion is a lot easier. I do not think this is insulting Dom in anyway. Go is incredibly easy to learn, yet is considered a game so complicated that I believe they still have yet to program a computer smart enough to defeat grand master Go players.

FDru

01-27-2013

Draft had a healthy population early in the life of Dominion. Despite that, probably 80% of the Dom population was playing only Blind pick. Since that is what most players prefer, and Blind is harmless for the most part, it doesn't make any sense at all to get rid of it.

But the sad part is that since Blind and Draft shares elo, the few players who were playing Draft got stuck with heinous queue times because so many Blind pick players were hogging high elo positions (you could see, that in the top 200 players only about 50 of them were Draft players and probably half of that were exclusively Draft players). This eventually led to the complete abandoning of Draft as most of the best matches for high elo Draft players would be in a different queue.

FetisPuncher

01-28-2013

how about making use of that elo, and having it when you pass a certain elo - say like 1500- blind pick is disabled from you and then you're forced to play draft. don't see the problem with that.

around that elo, people should have a good grasp on how to play dom and have enough champs.

Orphane

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetisPuncher View Post
how about making use of that elo, and having it when you pass a certain elo - say like 1500- blind pick is disabled from you and then you're forced to play draft. don't see the problem with that.

around that elo, people should have a good grasp on how to play dom and have enough champs.
Why should you be forced to play draft mode just because you exceed an invisible elo threshold? Some people just don't want to go through the lengthy picks/bans process regardless of balance issues "solved" by draft, and it would be ridiculous to force them to do that.

Also seriously, making Dominion draft only would kill it super fast because while the hardcore fans of it might stick around, there's no way in hell making normal draft the only playable option would do anything other than hemorrhage players. This further exacerbates the whole "not enough population lol" for ranked Dominion reasoning Riot throws out. How are people not seeing this?